Short on time? Our top choice is the Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Coffee!
Pumpkin spice is one of the most popular flavors of coffee in the world.
But that means finding the best pumpkin spice coffee can be a bit tricky.
Luckily for you, I’ve spent enough time in and around the coffee industry to pick up a thing or two about pumpkin spice coffees.
In this article, we’ll go over a few of my all-time favorite pumpkin spice coffees. And I’ll even share how I go about making a decision.
Let’s get to it!
11 Best Pumpkin Spice Coffees For Your Fall Cup Of Joe
- Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Coffee (Best Overall)
- Volcanica Pumpkin Spice Coffee (Best Year-Round Coffee)
- Lion Pumpkin Haupia Coffee (Most Unique Flavors)
- Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Decaf Coffee (Best Decaf)
- Death Wish Pumpkin Chai Coffee (Best For Pumpkin Spice Latte)
- Volcanica Pumpkin Spice Flavored Decaf Coffee (Best Year-Round Decaf)
- Dunkin’ Pumpkin Spice Flavored Ground Coffee (Best For Home Machines)
- Eight O’Clock Coffee Pumpkin Spice (Most Versatile Blend)
- Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K-Cups (Best K-Cups)
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee (Best For A Gift)
- Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Flavored Ground Coffee (Most Classic Pumpkin Spice)
Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Look, Lifeboost is a great roaster. Pretty much every coffee in the lineup is worth considering.
And Lifeboost’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee is a great option for flavored coffee, be it espresso or pumpkin spiced latte.
Lifeboost roasts in small batches. That means that from bag to bag, you can be confident you’re getting the freshest possible roast. Plus, it’s available as whole bean or ground coffee, so you can choose what suits your brewing method.
One of the best things about Lifeboost is that this is a single-origin Nicaraguan coffee. Single-origin coffees are great because they offer a more specific and focused flavor profile.
And the medium roast keeps everything nice and balanced. The pumpkin spice doesn’t overpower the coffee. And the coffee doesn’t overpower the pumpkin spice.
Lastly, this is 100% Arabica coffee. Arabica beans are better and tastier than Robusta beans or any blend of the two. Arabica is the best choice for prioritizing flavor and quality.
The only downside is that this coffee is on the pricier side, so it’s better saved for a special occasion.
- Lifeboost roasts in small batches, which means that you’re more likely to get the freshest possible roast each time you buy a bag
- It’s a single-origin Nicaraguan coffee, so you get a focused and specific flavor profile
- The medium roast keeps this coffee balanced, so neither the pumpkin spice nor the coffee flavor overwhelms
- It’s 100% Arabica beans, which taste better and are higher quality than Robusta beans or any Arabica/Robusta blend
- This coffee is on the pricier side, so it’s better for a special occasion
Volcanica Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee
I’ve been a fan of Volcanica for a long time now. And I recommend its coffee every chance I get.
This pumpkin spice coffee from Volcanica is a great choice.
It’s a medium roast with a well-balanced body and flavors. The pumpkin spice flavors come through strong and aromatic.
And the washed processing of this coffee means the flavors are crisp and clean. Nothing gets muddled or confused in your brews.
Plus, it’s another 100% Arabica coffee. And as we know, Arabica beans are the best choice for taste and quality.
Another great thing about this Volcanica pumpkin spice is that you can buy it all year. You don’t have to wait for Fall to come around.
The only downside is that this is a blended coffee. The focus is on the pumpkin spice rather than the coffee flavor profile.
- The medium roast gives the coffee a nice balance between the body of the coffee and the pumpkin spice flavors
- The washed processing means the coffee is crisp and clean, perfect for blending with pumpkin spice
- It’s still a 100% Arabica coffee, which is better and tastier than any Robusta/Arabica blend
- You don’t have to wait for Fall to come around because this coffee is available all year
- It’s a blended coffee, so the focus is on the pumpkin spice rather than the coffee profile
Lion Pumpkin Haupia Coffee
Lion Coffee is one of the oldest coffee roasters in the US. And it’s as respected as it is old.
That kind of respect means you can be certain of the quality and consistency from bag to bag. You’ll never be let down.
This particular Lion Pumpkin Spice Haupia is a twist on traditional pumpkin spice. This coffee has coconut and tropical fruit notes alongside the regular pumpkin spice notes. It’s a great twist on a classic seasonal flavor.
And the light roast keeps the coffee bright and lively. It tastes amazing no matter how you prefer to brew your coffee.
Plus, it’s a great budget buy. Ordering this coffee won’t break the bank, even when you find yourself ordering bag after bag.
The only thing to note is that this is a blended coffee. The focus here is on the pumpkin, coconut, and tropical fruit flavors.
- Lion coffee is an old and respected roaster, so you can be certain of the quality and consistency from bag to bag
- This coffee is pumpkin spice with coconut and tropical fruit, which is a delicious twist on the classic flavors
- The light roast keeps this coffee bright and lively, which means it tastes amazing no matter how you like to brew your coffee
- It’s a great budget buy, you won’t break the bank when you find yourself buying bag after bag
- It’s a blended coffee, which means that the coffee flavor isn’t as focused and specific as a single-origin
Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Decaf Coffee
For as good as Lifeboost’s regular pumpkin spice coffee is, the decaf is just as good.
For those who want all the delicious seasonal flavors but not the caffeine, you can’t go wrong here.
The Swiss Water decaffeination process keeps this coffee tasting incredible. No chemical aftertaste and no weird flavors.
And this is still the same single-origin Nicaraguan coffee as the regular version, just decaf. You still get a focused and specific flavor profile.
The medium roast keeps the coffee and pumpkin spice flavors balanced and melded perfectly. If you ask me, a medium roast is the best way to go for flavored decaf coffees.
And it’s still 100% Arabica coffee beans. And those are simply the best choice for taste and quality.
The only downside is that the Swiss Water process drives up the price a little bit.
- The Swiss Water process keeps this decaf tasting incredible, just without the caffeine
- It’s still a single-origin Nicaraguan coffee, so the flavor profile is focused and specific in each cup you brew
- The medium roast keeps the flavors balanced, and the pumpkin spice melds perfectly with the Nicaraguan flavors
- This is still 100% Arabica coffee, which is of higher quality than any Arabica/Robusta blend
- Because of the Swiss Water process, this coffee is on the expensive side and best saved for a special occasion
Death Wish Pumpkin Chai Coffee
Death Wish is a pretty unique coffee roaster. But unique doesn’t mean bad! In fact, Death Wish is a wonderful roaster.
And this twist on the classic pumpkin spice is definitely worth your consideration.
The chai spices added to the pumpkin spice make this coffee a unique drinking experience with a bolder body and flavor.
And, because of the intense flavor, it combines well with creamer or steamed milk. It’s a perfect choice for someone who likes pumpkin spice latte because the prominent flavor will cut through.
This is a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, so it’s the best choice for someone looking for a little extra caffeine boost.
But my favorite aspect of this coffee is that all the added flavors are natural and not artificial. It’s a very clean coffee, both in flavor and health.
Plus, it’s USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified. That means that the production standards were high.
The only downside is that the blend of Arabica and Robusta beans means the flavor profile isn’t as crisp as an all-Arabica coffee.
- The Chai spices give this coffee a unique and interesting take on the classic pumpkin spice flavors
- This coffee is a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, which means it has extra caffeine for those slower mornings
- It’s flavored with real spices and nothing artificial, which means it’s a clean choice for staying healthy while enjoying a treat
- It’s USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified, which means the standards of production were especially high
- Because it’s a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, the flavor profile isn’t as crisp as an all-Arabica coffee
Volcanica Pumpkin Spice Flavored Decaf Coffee
Volcanica does decaf coffee better than most other coffee roasters I come across.
That’s because Volcanica exclusively uses the Swiss Water decaffeination process. Essentially, that means that only water is used to decaffeinate the coffee beans. You don’t end up with a chemical aftertaste in your coffee and, instead, get great coffee flavors. Just no caffeine.
Plus, the medium roast of this coffee balances out the coffee flavors. The added pumpkin spice flavors make for smooth and consistent brews.
The washed processing of the coffee means the flavor profile is crisp and clean. It’s a perfect canvas for adding pumpkin spice.
And this is a Kosher-certified coffee. That means that no chemicals were used throughout every step of the process. Including decaffeination.
The only downside is that the Swiss Water process is expensive. You’re paying a premium for quality.
- The Swiss Water process means that no chemicals were used in the decaffeination process, so there’s no chemical aftertaste in your brews
- The medium roast makes this a balanced and smooth coffee and makes a perfect blend of coffee and pumpkin spice
- The washed processing of the coffee keeps the flavors crisp and clean, nothing gets muddled or confused in the flavor profile
- It’s Kosher certified, so no chemicals were used throughout the growing, roasting, and packaging processes
- The Swiss Water process is expensive, so you’re paying a premium for high-quality decaf
Dunkin’ Pumpkin Spice Flavored Ground Coffee
I don’t think I really need to introduce Dunkin’ coffee. But you might not have known that Dunkin’ sells its pumpkin spice coffee.
And it’s really worth trying.
The medium roast is wonderfully smooth and makes for a balanced and drinkable brew. The roast doesn’t overpower the coffee flavors or the pumpkin spice flavors.
The blend of coffee is designed for consumer machines. That means that no matter how you like to brew or what settings you keep, this coffee will taste great.
And this is a more aromatic coffee than others on the list. That means that your house will be filled with delicious smells every morning you brew a pumpkin spice latte.
The only downside is that it’s a seasonal coffee. So it might be tough finding fresh roasts during the other seasons.
- The medium roast of this coffee makes it a balanced and smooth drink without overpowering the pumpkin spice flavors
- The blend is designed for consumer coffee makers, which means you’ll get the same flavors as you would buying the coffee in-store
- It’s a more aromatic coffee, which means it has a stronger smell while brewing and drinking, but the flavors still don’t overpower the brew
- It’s 100% Arabica beans, which are tastier than Robusta beans or a blend
- It’s a seasonal coffee, so it can be hard to come by during the other seasons
Eight O’Clock Coffee Pumpkin Spice
In the interest of full disclosure, Eight O’Clock coffee is one of my favorites.
I drink Eight O’Clock coffee every morning I’m not out in a coffee shop.
And this pumpkin spice coffee from Eight O’Clock is a great choice.
It’s a medium roast that’s as delicious as it is smooth. And it doesn’t sacrifice either the coffee flavor or the pumpkin spice.
Speaking of the flavors, the notes of subtle spice, brown sugar, and sweet cream are incredible. It’s a unique take on the pumpkin spice flavors. But it really works.
And it’s still 100% Arabica coffee beans. Those are better and tastier than any kind of Arabica/Robusta blend.
What’s more, is that Eight O’Clock designs its blends for home brewing. You’ll get great results no matter how you prefer to brew your coffee.
The only downside is that it’s a batch-roasted coffee. That means you might not get the freshest possible roast.
- The medium roast makes this a smooth and delicious coffee without sacrificing flavor
- It’s 100% Arabica beans, which are better and tastier than any Robusta bean or blend of Arabica and Robusta
- The notes of brown sugar and sweet cream, along with pumpkin, create a unique and delicious pumpkin spice
- Eight O’clock designs its blends for home brewing, so you’ll get great results no matter how you like to brew your coffee
- This is a batch-roasted coffee, which means that you might not get the freshest possible roast from bag to bag
Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K-Cups
Green Mountain will probably be familiar to anyone who has a Keurig machine. And the truth is, Keurig actually owns Green Mountain.
That means that these Green Mountain K-Cups will certainly taste incredible no matter which Keurig and settings you’re using.
The light roast of these pods keeps the coffee bright and exciting. The flavors are intense and crisp each time you brew.
And the pods themselves are recyclable. That helps lower the environmental impact of drinking single-serve coffee pods.
And the pumpkin spice flavors are subtle. The flavors don’t overpower the coffee and actually create a nicely balanced cup.
The only downside is that this is a seasonal K-Cup. It can be hard to come by when it’s not in season.
- Green Mountain is a Keurig brand, which means that this coffee will taste amazing no matter which Keurig and which settings you’re using
- The light roast keeps this coffee bright and exciting, the flavors will be intense and crisp each time you brew a cup
- The pods are recyclable, which lowers the impact of drinking single-serve coffee pods
- The pumpkin spice flavors are subtle, they don’t overpower the coffee and create a nice balance in the cup
- It’s a seasonal K-Cup, so it can be hard to come by when it’s not in season
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
I’ll be honest, I don’t normally think of Trader Joe’s when I think of coffee roasters.
But this Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee definitely earns a place on this list.
It’s a medium-dark roast that makes for a bold and intense coffee. It’s actually better with cream and sugar. That makes for a creamier and smoother pumpkin spice experience.
This coffee has notes of vanilla, oranges, and allspice to make for a pretty special and unique pumpkin spice flavor.
And it’s made with 100% Arabica coffee beans. And as we already know, Arabica beans are the best choice for flavors and quality.
The nitrogen-flushed packaging and the surprising flavor make this great as a gift to a pumpkin spice coffee lover.
The only downside is that it’s seasonal. Finding this during the summer can be tricky.
- The medium/dark roast makes this a bold and intense coffee, perfect for adding cream and sugar to the mix
- Notes of oranges, vanilla, and allspice make a unique and delicious pumpkin spice coffee to match the bold coffee flavors
- It’s made with 100% Arabica coffee, which tastes better and is higher quality than any Arabica/Robusta blend
- The tin is nitrogen flushed, which means it will stay fresh for a long time
- It’s only a seasonal coffee, so finding fresh roasts in the summer isn’t easy
Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Flavored Ground Coffee
Starbucks pretty much invented pumpkin spice. So it goes without saying that this coffee should be on the list.
It’s maybe the most classic pumpkin spice flavor out there.
The medium roast keeps everything balanced. Neither the coffee nor the pumpkin spice takes over the flavor profile.
And it’s always 100% Arabica beans. Arabica beans are the best option for flavor and quality.
The pumpkin spice flavor is subtle enough to work really well with other recipes like mochas or iced drinks. And it’s intense enough to give all the drinks a nice aroma and flavor.
Starbucks has been doing this for a long time, so you really don’t need to worry or wonder about the consistency from bag to bag.
The only thing to note is that the pumpkin spice flavor doesn’t come through as strong when this coffee is consumed black.
- The medium roast keeps everything balanced, so neither the coffee nor the pumpkin spice overpowers the brew
- It’s 100% Arabica coffee beans, which is the best option when prioritizing taste and quality
- The pumpkin spice is subtle enough to work really well with other recipes like mochas or iced coffee
- Starbucks has been roasting this blend for a long time, so you don’t have to worry about consistency from bag to bag
- The subtleness of the pumpkin spice doesn’t come through as strongly when drinking black
Choosing The Right Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Let’s talk briefly about how to buy pumpkin spice coffee. It’s a little different from ordering it at a coffee shop, after all.
How To Think About Flavor
Pumpkin spice coffee has been around for nearly 20 years at this point. So it has a storied history with many variations on the classic flavors.
But the biggest thing to note about flavored coffee is that it won’t be sweet.
Flavored coffee adds an aroma and subtle flavor rather than creating a full drink.
Your coffee will still taste like coffee. If you want something sweet, you’ll have to add sugar (or even some pumpkin spice syrup) on your own.
That said, I’d recommend looking for a coffee that aims to balance the coffee flavor with the pumpkin spice flavor. Look for something aromatic and smooth instead of intense.
My recommendation is to look at the specific tasting notes for the coffees you’re considering.
Something more unique will probably have a stronger aroma.
Find a coffee that has a strong aroma and good tasting notes. But remember that flavored coffees still taste like coffee, just with a subtle flavor added.
How Fresh Should It Be?
This is a tricky one. On the one hand, you always want the freshest possible roast you can get your hands on.
But pumpkin spice coffee is a seasonal flavor, right?
Finding good and fresh pumpkin spice coffee during other seasons can be hard. But it’s not impossible.
Considering that coffee beans don’t last forever, I would recommend looking for a year-round pumpkin spice coffee roaster. Buy from that roaster in the off-season. And then wait until the season comes around again to reconsider.
Once the season rolls around again, your choices will increase, and you’ll have more options.
It’s not impossible to find pumpkin spice coffee in the other seasons, but try to look for a roaster that will roast pumpkin spice all year. Then in the Fall, you can look at other options.
Does Roast Make A Difference?
Typically, I say that roast levels are a matter of personal preference. But not when it comes to flavored coffee.
With pumpkin spice, I have a bit more of an opinion.
I find that medium roasts are usually the best for pumpkin spice coffee. That’s because medium roasts are the smoothest and have the least intense flavors.
You don’t want super unique or intense coffee profiles when adding pumpkin spice to the mix. You want a smooth and drinkable flavor. Like a blank canvas.
That’s why I recommend starting with a medium roast and exploring other options from there.
My recommendation is to start with a medium roast coffee bean. Then figure out if you like a more intense or less intense coffee flavor when it comes to pumpkin spice.
My Final Verdict
I’m still taking Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Coffee as my top choice.
It has a smooth and balanced flavor without being overpowering. That said, the flavor is still delicious, and the smell of pumpkin pie spice will spread around the house every time you brew.
The single-origin Nicaraguan coffee is delicious and gives you a focused and specific flavor profile.
And it’s roasted in small batches. That means that you get the freshest possible roast every time you buy a bag.
It’s a great, versatile, and delicious pumpkin spice coffee. You can’t go wrong.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?