Who doesn’t like vanilla?
It’s a stunningly complex flavor that somehow goes well with practically anything.
If you agree with me, then you’ll be happy to see this long list of amazing vanilla Starbucks drinks.
A vanilla fan like you needs to try them all.
Without further ado, let’s see what those drinks are.
31 Delicious Vanilla Starbucks Drinks
Some vanilla beverages are a part of the regular line, some are seasonal.
And then we have the secret menu, the drinks that you can order, but only if you know how.
Here are vanilla drinks you can order at Starbucks, in no specific order:
1. Blonde Vanilla Latte
Blonde vanilla latte is served in sizes ranging from short to venti.
Since it contains both syrup and milk, a grande cup would contain roughly 250 calories. As for the caffeine, the same-sized cup would have 170 milligrams.
2. Vanilla Crème
Had enough caffeine today?
This is a hot and creamy vanilla-flavored beverage that you can enjoy any time of the day. It’s made of only three ingredients: milk, vanilla syrup, and whipped cream.
Just keep in mind that this is no light beverage. A short vanilla creme has roughly 180 calories, which is the same as 4 Oreo cookies.
3. Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino
Vanilla bean creme frappuccino is made by mixing milk, vanilla bean powder, and creme frappuccino syrup, then blending it with ice. Then, the drink is topped with whipped cream.
This frappuccino is a lovely refreshment for both kids and adults.
It tastes like a milkshake, but since it’s made with whole instead of 2% milk, the drink has a much creamier texture.
Of course, this also means it has quite a lot of calories. A grande cup has roughly 380 calories, as much as a slice of chocolate cake.
4. Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
The drink really tastes like coffee. The vanilla doesn’t overpower the flavor of cold brew. It simply accentuates its naturally sweet and chocolaty notes.
No reason to worry about calories with this one, since a grande cup has around 110 calories.
On the other hand, this drink is packed with caffeine. That grande cup has roughly half of the recommended daily caffeine intake.
5. Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew
This one is for those of you who don’t like overly sweet coffee beverages.
The standard nitro cold brew has a subtle sweetness, light body, and smooth texture. When you add vanilla sweet cream, it only further accentuates the flavor and gives a velvet finish.
It’s very caffeinated, though. That same cup of coffee would have as much as 265 milligrams of caffeine! With that in mind, it’s clear why this nitro brew variation is only served in tall and grande sizes.
6. Caffè Vanilla Frappuccino Blended Beverage
Want an actually caffeinated vanilla frappuccino?
This one is for you.
It’s made by mixing Frapp roast coffee, vanilla bean powder and milk with ice. Then, it’s topped with whipped cream.
Now, keep in mind that a grande cup has as many as 400 calories! As for the caffeine, it’s around 95 milligrams. You can order this drink in tall, grande and venti.
7. Iced Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte
This drink is made by shaking together vanilla bean powder, coconut milk and ice, then topping it with a shot of ristretto.
This drink is also called an upside-down latte, because of the order ingredients are added. That’s exactly what you can say to your Starbucks barista, and you’ll receive this delicious drink.
8. Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Not as savory as it sounds!
This cold brew version has a perfectly balanced and strong coffee flavor with a subtly sweet finish.
The drink is actually not too high on calories, with a grande cup containing 220 calories. Just keep in mind that with 185 milligrams of caffeine, that might not be the best order after dinner.
9. Caramel Macchiato
What does caramel macchiato have to do with vanilla, you might ask?
A lot, actually.
The addition of vanilla syrup to a mixture of milk and espresso brings out the mellow sweet notes. And when topped with caramel sauce, this espresso-based drink turns into a dessert.
10. Teavana London Fog Tea Latte
How about a tea latte?
Classic Earl Grey tea is infused with a hint of lavender and bergamot, then mixed with vanilla syrup and steamed milk.
It’s subtly sweet, bright, and citrusy. With 180 calories in a grande, this is more of a light dessert than a cup of tea.
11. Vanilla Pumpkin Nut Latte
This latte literally tastes like the fall in a cup.
To get this drink, here’s what your barista needs to do:
- Make a pumpkin spice latte
- Add a pump of toffee nut syrup
- Add a pump of vanilla syrup
12. Chocolate Frosty Frappuccino
Now, this is quite a sweet drink off the Starbucks secret menu.
To make this beverage, ask the barista to mix together:
- Cream base
- Heavy whipped cream
- A scoop of vanilla bean powder
- 3 pumps of mocha syrup
- 3 pumps of vanilla syrup
Finalize it with some whipped cream.
13. Green Vanilla Frappuccino
This is a simple variation of the classic Starbucks vanilla frappuccino.
There isn’t a lot of mystery behind the recipe.
Just order a vanilla bean frappuccino with a scoop of matcha mixed in.
14. TikTok Matcha Pink Drink
The Starbucks pink drink is delicious and refreshing, and this TikTok version is even better!
The original version contains coconut milk, but ask the barista to replace it with vanilla cold mixed with a scoop of matcha. It will give your beverage a thick, velvety texture.
As you take your first sip, you’ll taste the grassy notes of matcha foam. Once you reach the pink part, you’ll taste the fruity flavor with a creamy finish.
15. Vanilla White Mocha Frappuccino
The recipe for this secret menu drink couldn’t be any simpler.
By adding a pump of both mocha and vanilla syrup into a white mocha frappuccino, you get a beverage with a whole other flavor. Now, mocha and vanilla are a match made in heaven.
Ask the barista to double blend the ingredients, which will give the drink a velvety texture.
16. Vanilla Rooibos Frappuccino
If you like rooibos tea, you’ll love this frappuccino as well.
Now, there’s no actual tea in this drink. But the ingredient combo creates sweetness and nutty notes reminiscing of vanilla rooibos tea.
The base of this drink is vanilla frappuccino. To make it, ask the barista to:
- Add caramel syrup (2 pumps for a tall or 4 pumps for a venti-sized cup)
- Blend in freeze-dried berries
- Drizzle the cup with caramel syrup
- Top the frappuccino with whipped cream
17. Vanilla Green Tea Latte
While this latte version doesn’t actually contain green tea, it does have matcha in it. Now, the grassy notes and umami flavor of matcha perfectly complement the light floral sweetness of vanilla.
To order this drink:
- Ask for a grande cup of iced green tea latte.
- Ask for a single scoop of matcha (the regular drink has two)
- Ask for 3 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup
18. Mermaid Frappuccino
This secret menu drink requires quite a preparation, so be mindful of how busy the barista is before ordering.
The base of this drink is vanilla bean frappuccino, to which you add freeze-dried blackberries. The cup is lined with green mixed drizzle, which is made with:
- 8 pumps of white mocha sauce
- 3 pumps of toasted coconut syrup
- 3 scoops of matcha
Then, the whole thing is topped with whipped cream and some more drizzle.
19. Stardust Frappuccino
A drink that looks like a galaxy and tastes like berries and cream. And with a prominent vanilla note, of course.
No surprise, given the fact that the base of this beverage is vanilla bean frappuccino.
Just ask the barista to add blackberries and blend with sangria (non-alcoholic).
20. Vanilla Apple Spice
This secret menu recipe gives a quite different twist on the original caramel apple spice.
What you need to ask the barista to do is:
- Switch cinnamon dolce for vanilla syrup when making caramel apple spice
- Steam a scoop of vanilla bean powder with the apple juice
- For additional flavor, you can add a pinch of cinnamon as well
- Top the drink with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel drizzle
21. Chunky Monkey Frappuccino
This drink is basically a desert.
Grab your pen and paper, because there are quite a lot of ingredients that need to be added to vanilla bean creme frappuccino:
- A banana
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean powder
- 2 pumps of mocha syrup
- 2 pumps of hazelnut syrup
- 2 pumps of toffee nut syrup
- Caramel and mocha drizzle on top
22. Warm Sugar Cookie
Hot chocolate tasting like a real sugar cookie?
Sign me up.
This is a pretty simple drink recipe. Combine white mocha hot chocolate with hazelnut and vanilla syrup. Then top the drink with a pinch of raw sugar.
23. Polyjuice Potion Frappuccino
Here’s one for all the Harry Potter fans out there.
And don’t worry, it tastes nothing like the real polyjuice potion.
Order a strawberry creme frappuccino in a grande cup lined with white mocha sauce and matcha powder. Then, ask the barista to add a shot of espresso and 1½ pump of vanilla syrup.
24. Iced Vanilla Chai Latte
For this light refreshing beverage, order an iced chai tea latte as the base. This drink is basically black tea infused with herbs like cardamom, anis cloves, and vanilla, then combined with milk.
Ask the barista for a pump of vanilla syrup into your iced chai latte. This won’t make it much sweeter but will accentuate the floral notes.
25. Berry Vanilla Smoothie
This beverage is something between a frappuccino and a smoothie.
For a grande cup, ask the barista to do these steps:
- Add coconut milk to the second line
- Add cream base
- Add 2 scoops of freeze-dried berries
- Add 3 scoops of vanilla bean powder
- Add a banana
- Blend with ice
26. Piña Colada Frappuccino
Ah, the most tropical drink you can get at Starbucks.
This is a secret menu version of a vanilla bean creme frappuccino. For a grande cup, ask the barista to add:
- Coconut milk to the first line
- Teavana pineapple black tea infusion to the second line
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean powder
- 1 pump classic syrup
- 1 pump vanilla syrup
27. Valentine Frappuccino
Valentine frappuccino is actually a combination of 3 different frappuccinos.
The bottom layer of the drink consists of strawberries and creme frappuccino. For a more vivid color, ask the barista for an additional pump of raspberry syrup in this one.
The middle layer consists of vanilla bean frappuccino, while the top is blackberry frappuccino.
Quite sweet, you bet your loved one won’t be able to resist it.
28. Affogato Frappuccino
If you don’t know what affogato is, that’s an Italian dessert that consists of vanilla ice cream topped with an espresso shot.
Well, the actual drink is pretty much the same.
The base, you might guess, is vanilla bean frappuccino. Ask the barista to add two shots of espresso into a grande cup. Mix half a scoop of java chips and top with whipped cream.
29. Lemon Bar Frappuccino
The zestiness of lemon really complements well the vanilla flavor.
If it sounds interesting, here’s what you should ask the barista to do to make a grande:
- Add lemonade to the first line
- Add milk to the second line
- Add 2 pumps of vanilla syrup
- Add frappuccino creme base syrup
- Blend all the ingredients
- Top with whipped cream
30. Skittles Frappuccino
This is yet another recipe from the secret menu.
To make this drink, ask the barista to make strawberries and creme frappuccino but without classic syrup.
Instead, add 3 pumps of vanilla syrup and a pump of raspberry syrup for a grande cup.
31. Marshmallow Crème Frappuccino
No, marshmallows aren’t actually included in this drink. But if you want to make it extra, you can always bring your own to top the frappuccino.
This beverage is a simple twist on vanilla bean frappuccino. Just add 3.5 pumps of white mocha and 1.5 pumps of vanilla syrup to it. That’s all!
5 Ways to Add Vanilla to Your Starbucks Drink
As you’ve probably noticed from the recipes, there are several ways you can add vanilla to your drink:
- Vanilla Syrup – The syrup not only adds that marshmallow flavor to the drink but also sweetens it up. You can use it in both cold and hot drinks, coffee or tea-based.
- Sugar-free Vanilla Syrup – Want to go easy on sugar? You can switch to the sugar-free version of vanilla syrup, which uses Splenda instead.
- Vanilla Bean Powder – Finely ground, vanilla bean powder blends well into any frappuccino to bring out the flavor. It’s not suitable for hot drinks.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream – This is what you get by mixing cream, milk, and vanilla syrup. By mixing it into either hot or cold drinks, this dairy-inclusive flavoring option gives it a smooth texture.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam – Designed to sit on top of the drink, not to be blended in.
7 Vanilla Starbucks Drinks Ordering Tips
Now, there are some things you should know when ordering Starbucks drinks featuring vanilla.
- If your drink doesn’t originally include a syrup, adding vanilla will be additionally charged.
- Cold foam doesn’t blend well into a drink, but sweet cream does.
- The vanilla syrup works with both hot and cold drinks.
- You can replace milk in your drink with vanilla sweet cream for a thicker, velvety texture.
- For the skinny version of the drink, use sugar-free vanilla instead.
- Vanilla syrup can be bought in your local Starbucks coffee shop, as long as it has it in stock.
- Vanilla is one of the easiest flavors to match. It works well with tropical, fruity, floral, and even nutty notes.
Have more questions about adding vanilla to a Starbucks drink?
Here are the answers to some things you might be on the fence about.
What can I get at Starbucks if I like French vanilla?
There’s a drink from the secret menu you can ask the barista to make for you. Just order a grande vanilla latte with 2 pumps each of vanilla and hazelnut syrup.
Can I buy Starbucks vanilla syrup?
Yes, you can. This syrup is a part of the regular menu, and you can buy it in your local Starbucks, as long as they have it in stock.
Is vanilla latte sweet?
Vanilla latte is sweet, but subtly. When combined together, milk and vanilla syrup really balance out into a mellow-flavored drink.
There you have it, a list of vanilla Starbucks drinks.
There’s something for everyone – latte, frappuccino, macchiato, and even cold brew!
Some are caffeine-free, while others will keep you energetic for hours.
So go ahead and pick your next order!
Only taking caffeinated drinks into consideration? Check out our list of the strongest Starbucks drinks!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?