If you’re a true coffee lover, you won’t be satisfied with basic gear and setup.
No – you don’t want to settle.
You want to take your skills from good to great – from decent to pro barista level.
That’s where coffee accessories come into play.
Must-Have Home Barista Accessories
If you want to upgrade your coffee setup, start here.
Any of these tools will elevate your coffee game to a new level (and if you really want to nerd out about coffee, you’ll get them all).
No judging – we’ve maniacs about our coffee too!
- Best Home Coffee Roaster – to get the absolute best cup of coffee possible, you need to roast your own beans. We’ve analyzed the top home coffee roaster on the market today and picked our favorite ones.
- Best Espresso Tamper – you don’t need to be a barista to make excellent coffee, but you do need proper tools for the job (the main of which is the tamper).
- Best Gooseneck Kettle – great coffee relies on good extraction, and this is the right tool for the job.
- Best Coffee Container – a good container keeps your coffee beans fresh, which makes every other step in the brewing process much easier.
- Best Coffee Scale – the secret to great coffee lies in precision. And you won’t get that by eyeballing it. You need a digital coffee scale, but not just any scale will do.
- Best Coffee Thermos – finding a dependable thermos is no easy task. Luckily, we did the heavy lifting for you and narrowed it down to just a few top choices.
Coffee filters might seem like a small and insignificant part of your coffee gear, but nothing could be farther from the truth.
Get the wrong filter, and your coffee will contain a lot of unwanted sediment and grit, making it almost undrinkable.
So if you want the smoothest cup of coffee possible, you need to educate yourself on the basics of coffee filters.
- Best Coffee Filters – you might have the best coffee maker on the planet… But unless you have a decent filter, your coffee will still taste bad. Here are our top filter choices that will make your coffee taste amazing.
- Coffee Filter Sizes – the size of your coffee filter affects the flavor and texture of your coffee. If you don’t choose carefully, you might end up with an undrinkable cup of joe.
- Chemex Filters Alternative – you ran out of Chemex coffee filters right when you wanted to prepare yourself a coffee? No worries, we have you covered.
- Cone Vs Flat Coffee Filter – surprisingly, the answer isn’t that straightforward, as it depends on different factors. We’ll cover the main ones in this article.
- Coffee Filter Substitute – don’t worry, there is a way to make delicious coffee without using a coffee filter (and we’ll show you how).
- Bleached Vs Unbleached Coffee Filters – Bleached coffee filters are white, more processed, and have a cleaner taste. Unbleached coffee filters are brown, less processed, and must be rinsed before use.
- Are Coffee Filters Compostable – usually? Yes. The trick is composting the right kinds of coffee filters and making sure you do it right. We’ll go over how to do exactly that in this article.
Fans of milk-based coffee drinks will know that a good frother is worth its weight in gold.
(Ok, maybe not, but it’s definitely an important piece of gear).
Here’s everything we’ve published about frothers and frothing-related questions so far!
- Best Milk Frothing Pitcher – if you want to make the best latte art possible, you need the right pitcher. We’ve scoured the market, and these are our top picks.
- How To Use A Milk Frother – of course, once you have your pitcher, you need to learn how to properly use it… and you’ll learn how to do it right here in this article.
- Best Milk Frother For Almond Milk – going dairy-free but still want to enjoy cappuccinos and lattes? No worries, that’s easily doable with these frothers.
- Can You Froth Almond Milk – the answer is yes, but the results aren’t going to be as creamy as with regular milk.
- Can You Froth Oat Milk – yes – as far as plant-based milk alternatives go, oat milk will give you the best foam for your latte or cappuccino.
While these aren’t accessories per se, they are still useful additions to your coffee setup (and I couldn’t find a better category on the site to put them in, haha!)
- Best Coffee Syrup – choosing the best coffee syrup is much more than just picking a flavor, and we’re here to show you how to make the best choice.
- How To Use Coffee Syrup – surprisingly, coffee syrup is more versatile than it looks. In this article, we’ll show you the best ways to use it and how much to add.
- Best Sugar Substitute For Coffee – if you’re trying to be healthier, you’ll be happy to know that you can still enjoy your coffee without giving up your sweet tooth.