In a rush? The Zulay Original Milk Frother is the best milk frother for almond milk.
If you think you can’t make creamy cappuccinos and lattes with almond milk, think again.
Using a good quality milk frother.
This guide shares the top milk frother choices to create a smooth and velvety almond milk beverage! We’ll also discuss essential factors for choosing the best milk frother for almond milk.
Let’s jump in!
9 Best Frothers For Almond Milk
- Zulay Original Milk Frother (Best Overall)
- Breville Milk Cafe Frother (Best for Adjusting Temperature)
- PowerLix Milk Frother (Best Budget-Friendly Milk Frother)
- Smeg Milk Frother (Best Automatic Milk Frother)
- Keurig Standalone Frother (Best for All Types of Milk)
- Illy Milk Frother by Lissoni (Best for Beginners)
- Maestri House Milk Frother (Best for Controlling Thickness)
- Secura Electric Milk Frother (Best for Maintaining Temperature)
- Bodum Latteo Manual Milk Frother (Best Manual Milk Frother)
Zulay Original Milk Frother
The Zulay Original Milk Frother is battery-operated. And, it’s a great multifunctional milk frother for making a variety of different drinks.
What’s particularly great about this frother is that it’s not just designed to froth almond milk. It can also froth other types of milk, including soy, whole, oat, and more.
This milk frother is pretty easy to use thanks to its design with no bells and whistles. It’s also made out of stainless steel, so it doesn’t rust easily and will last you quite a few months (or years!).
As someone with arthritis, I love the ergonomic handle. The design means you can grip it for a while without worrying about it hurting your hands.
Another design feature I love is the handy whisk stand. Just pop the device inside, and you’ve got it tucked tidily out of the way when you’re not using it!
Plus, it operates quietly without irritating vibrating sounds. That’s great if you’re worried about bugging your roommate every time you want a latte.
Just note that this frother doesn’t include the batteries. You’ll have to shell out for those separately in order to use it.
- It’s got a simple design, so it’s great for beginners
- It’s made of stainless steel, so it’s long-lasting and rust-resistant
- It’s budget-friendly, so it’s great for those who need an affordable frother
- Lightweight and portable, so you can take it with you on the go
- It doesn’t come with batteries, so you’ll have to purchase them separately.
Breville Milk Cafe Frother
The Breville milk frother is made of stainless steel with clean lines and smooth curves. It looks quite modern and stylish, which, while not essential, is definitely a nice addition.
The milk frother has a six-ounce capacity, which is pretty big. That makes it great if you’re someone who makes a lot of coffee at a time.
The Breville Milk Cafe Frother is also known for its practicality due to its measuring cap lid. You’ll notice a hole right in the caps’ middle. It’s useful for adding ingredients while your almond milk is frothing. At the same time, it prevents messy splashes.
Personally, I love this because I can add things like hot chocolate mix or matcha powder while I’m steaming. It’s fun to get creative while making an almond milk drink!
However, I’d have to say that the best part about the Breville Milk Cafe Frother is that you can adjust the temperature of the almond milk you’re frothing. The frother has a useful knob that you can turn to change the temperature.
You’ll find the knob in front of the frother, with labels ranging from 120℉ to 160 ℉. This lets you create everything from cold foam to creamy, hot microfoam.
In other words, you can make flat whites (my favorite) with the same machine you use to make Starbucks knock-off cold foam cold brew!
- It comes with a temperature knob, so it’s easy for you to adjust the temperature of your milk
- It’s large, so you can froth significant amounts of milk in one go
- It’s made of stainless steel, so it’s easy to clean
- It comes with a cap with a hole in it, so you can add syrups and extra milk while frothing
- It’s bulky, so it might be too large for small countertops.
PowerLix Milk Frother
The PowerLix Milk Frother is an affordable device that’s great for frothing almond milk. This budget milk frother option is battery-operated and electric.
The battery operation is great because you can pick up a few cheap batteries from the dollar store whenever it’s low on juice. Not only is this affordable, but it’s also faster than recharging the device all the time.
Besides the battery operation, this frother features an ergonomic handle and a whisk made of stainless steel.
The ergonomic handle and simple design make it great if you’re making lots of drinks at once.
Your hands won’t get sore from using the machine, and you can keep on making great-tasting drinks!
The PowerLix Milk Frother takes less than twenty seconds to work, so there’s no waiting around for that latte you’re craving.
And, when not in use, it also offers convenient storage with the metal stand. In other words, it’s great for those of us with small kitchens!
Still, despite all these pros, it pays to know that this device doesn’t heat your milk. You’ll have to heat the frothed milk if you want a hot beverage, which can be a bit of a pain.
- It’s lightweight, so it’s easy to use
- It froths milk in under thirty seconds, so it’s quick
- It’s multifunctional for most milk types, so you can use it with more than just almond milk
- It’s easy to clean, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time cleaning your machine afterward
- It only froths milk and can’t heat it, so you need to heat the frothed milk separatly
- Batteries are sold separately, so you’ll have to spend a bit more to purchase those
Smeg Milk Frother
The Smeg Milk Frother has a retro design, which is great if you’re wanting something with a cute design. I love vintage decor, so this was a major plus for me.
Besides the cute design, this milk frother features multiple settings for frothing milk for various drinks. So, the Smeg Milk Frother can make your drink, whether it’s hot chocolate, a cappuccino, or a latte.
However, the best part about this device is that it’s foolproof. Select your desired setting, place the lid in place, and the machine will start working. It also automatically shuts off after frothing.
That makes it easy to use even if you’re new to the whole barista thing.
And, it has a small hole in the lid that allows you to add powder or chocolate flakes while frothing milk. The hole also prevents messy leaks and spills during the frothing process.
Another nice perk of these milk frothers is that they come in various cute colors. So, you can choose one that matches your personal style, which is always a nice perk.
Just note that a lot of users complain about the device’s durability. Despite the higher price tag, it doesn’t seem to last too long.
- It has a cute and aesthetic design, so you can choose a device that fits your kitchen
- It’s automatic, so it’s easy to use
- It features multiple froth settings, so you can make a number of different beverages
- The lid has a hole in it, so you can add additional ingredients during the frothing process
- It’s not very durable, so you might have to replace it more frequently
Keurig Standalone Frother
The Keurig Standalone Milk Frother can create foamy milk textures in under three minutes. That’s true no matter what type of milk you’re using. So, I can make an almond milk latte for my vegan sister before making a creamy flat white with regular milk for myself.
Its simple button controls allow you to make both cold and hot foam, too. That gives you even more versatility in terms of what drinks you can make.
Also, this standalone milk frother features a non-stick and coated interior. This prevents your milk from burning at the bottom when you use it in the hot setting.
Moreover, its whisk is removable. That makes it easy for you to clean the machine when you’re done using it.
This is a major perk if you’re like me and hate cleaning up the kitchen.
The downside is that it’s a small frother, so you can only make 6oz of milk at the time. That is far from enough if you want to froth milk for a couple of beverages (or make a big latte).
- It has easy-to-understand controls, so it’s great for beginners
- Automatic shut-off feature, so you can save energy when frothing milk
- Can froth hot and cold milk, so you can make a number of different types of drinks
- It has a compact design, so you can fit it on smaller countertops
- It’s small, so you can’t make tons of beverages at a time
Illy Milk Frother by Lissoni
The Illy Milk Frother is a budget-friendly machine that’s easy for beginners to use.
It has an automatic shut-off feature for energy conservation. While I’m not the most concerned with these types of things, it’s nice to know you’re helping the planet (or at least not destroying it) when you use this device.
Another great thing about this device is its removable whisk makes it easy for you to clean when you’re done using it. Just take it off, pop it in the dishwasher, and you’re good to go.
The Illy Milk Frother has an elegant design with simple touch controls. This makes it a good milk frother for beginners because you don’t have to do a lot of fancy maneuvering to get it to work.
Best of all, the machine features several multi-touch buttons. With these, you can froth all types of plant-based milk or dairy milk.
The one thing to note if you’re considering this frother is that it’s pretty small. If you make a lot of lattes at a time, that makes this pretty inconvenient.
- It features well-labeled touch button controls, so it’s easy to use
- It’s dishwasher safe and has a removable whisk, so it’s easy to clean and maintain
- It has an automatic shut-off feature, so it saves energy
- It has multiple milk settings, so it works great for all types of milk
- It’s small, so it can’t froth large amounts of milk in one go
Maestri House Milk Frother
The Maestri House Milk Frother is a large frother that can hold as much as 21 ounces of milk at a time. In other words, you can make lattes for the whole family with this machine.
The frother features three frothing options: low, medium, and high. It also has four temperature settings you can also choose from: 120℉, 140℉, and 160℉. Personally, I like extra hot coffee, so for me, this is a major perk.
What’s particularly cool about this frother is that it has a memory feature. This allows you to replicate past settings the next time you use the device. Instead of reprogramming it every time you make a latte, you can just reuse your saved settings!
Finally, Maestri House Milk Frother is made of 304 stainless steel that’s durable and dishwasher safe. This is great for lazy people like me who don’t want to worry about handwashing the device!
The one downside to this frother is that it doesn’t make as much foam as other almond milk frothers. You might have more steamed milk than foamy milk, so it’s not great for cappuccinos.
- It has multiple froth options, so you can achieve the perfect milk thickness
- It’s made from 304 stainless steel, so it’s durable and scratch-resistant
- Comes with a jug spout, so you can prevent spills and splashes when pouring
- It has a memory feature, so it’s easy to replicate established settings
- It’s bulky, so it’s not ideal for small kitchens
Secura Electric Milk Frother
The Secura Electric Milk Frother comes with two whisks, one for heating and the other for frothing. So, you can make all your favorite drinks regardless of whether you’re after a macchiato or a cold foam cappuccino.
It only takes a minute to froth cold milk, or an extra ten seconds if you want to warm it. For impatient folks like me, this is a big perk.
The frother has a one-touch operation. That means that it’s easy to use and doesn’t require a lot of intervention from the barista. Even as a former barista myself, I find this type of functionality all-too-convenient.
This milk frother is made with stainless steel with a removable base. Just note that despite the removable base, it can be tough to clean. Expect to spend at least a few minutes scraping out the milk residue.
However, while cleaning can be challenging, it does come with a little brush for cleaning. This helps ease the struggle a little bit.
- It’s fast, so it’s great for those who are in a rush
- It comes with a brush for cleaning, so you can really get the milk residue out of the machine
- It’s budget-friendly, so it’s great if you don’t want to spend a lot of money
- It has a sturdy design, so it’s long-lasting
- It can be challenging to achieve the preferred temperature, so your drinks can come out luke-warm
- It can leave milk residue on the machine, so you’ll have to spend extra time cleaning it
Bodum Latteo Manual Milk Frother
The Bodum Latteo Manual Milk Frother is a manual milk frother that requires you to do a bit more work to get a creamy latte and cappuccino foam.
It features a heat-resistant glass container with a plunger. With this design, you’ll manually pump the plunger up and down to create smooth, creamy milk foam. It’ll take you about a minute to froth, which isn’t a lot, all things considered.
While the foam will still be cold, the Bodum milk frother is microwave safe. So, you can heat up the milk after you’ve frothed it.
Another great thing about this milk frother is that it’s dishwasher safe. Just take the components apart, rinse them under cold water, and pop it in the dishwasher.
Just remember that the glass container is thinner than the usual cups you use, so be careful not to break it. If you do, replacing these containers can be challenging.
- The glass is microwave-safe, so you can heat up the milk for your drinks
- It has a wide handle, so it’s easy to grip for plunging
- It’s dishwasher safe, so it’s easy to clean
- It has a sealed lid, so you can avoid spills
- It’s made of glass, so it’s easy to break
A Quick Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Almond Milk Frother
Milk frothers can make or break your latte or cappuccino experience.
And, when it comes to finding one that works well with almond milk, this is especially true.
I’ve put together a quick buying guide to help you find a frother that works well with almond milk.
Here are a few essential features to think about when buying an almond milk frother.
Think About the Frother Type
There are three main types of milk frother: handheld, manual, and electric.
Handheld milk frothers are basically handheld electric whisks. They’re your best option when saving on space and money.
Because they tend to be smaller, you can store them easily.
Almost all handheld frothers are battery-operated. No cords or electric plug-ins are attached, so they’re pretty easy to transport and carry around.
They also often come with whisks that will immediately start working after immersing them in the milk.
Handheld milk frothers also produce light and frothy milk with big bubbles. This type of milk froth is best for cappuccinos.
The one downside to handheld milk frothers is that they don’t thicken milk that much. So there’s not much texture to your drinks.
Aside from handheld frothers, there are manual frothers. These are best for professional coffee makers and baristas. But, they require a bit more experience to use.
However, they have the benefit of being lightweight with no dangling cords.
Finally, electric milk frothers are the most convenient option. They can make your almond milk the fluffiest, which is perfect for lattes.
However, electric milk frothers have smaller capacities, so they can’t froth huge amounts of milk in one process.
Plus, they’re bulkier, so take up more space on your countertop.
Know the Settings You Need
Different milk frothers have different settings. The settings are important because they’re what let you create different kinds of milk.
Before choosing a milk frother, look at what features they include. Not only will these determine what type of milk you can make, but they’ll show you how easy it will be to use the frother.
A few settings to keep an eye out for include:
- Different temperature setting
- Milk thickness options
- Automatic shut-off feature to save energy
- Simple touch button controls
- Hot frothing and cold frothing
Think about which of these settings are must-haves vs. nice-to-haves. That way, you can pick a frother that makes the most sense for you.
You’ve also got to think about which settings you need for frothing nondairy milk like almond milk. Since almond milk tends to be more watery, you’ll want to make sure your device helps thicken it.
Additionally, you’ll want to look out for devices that whip up a good almond milk froth. The better the device is at frothing vs heating, the more bubbles you’ll be able to get out of your almond milk.
Remember Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning is no one’s favorite part of frothing milk. But, it’s a necessary step if you want to be able to keep using your device for a while.
When looking for a milk frother, think about how easy it’s going to be to clean.
Some frothers come with cleaning brushes that make it easier for you to get milk residue off the insides.
Other frothers come with removable parts that are dishwasher-safe. That way, you can dismantle them and throw them in the washer.
At the same time, there are frothers that can only be cleaned by hand.
Think about how much you mind cleaning. If you don’t mind doing a lot of washing up, you can look for machines that aren’t as easy to clean.
On the other hand, if you want to avoid extra work, try looking for a machine that you can clean up quickly.
Overall, Zulay Original Milk Frother takes your almond milk frothing experience to a whole new level. Its durable and long-lasting material will save you money from constantly buying a new model.
Plus, it’s budget-friendly, so it’s great for those who don’t have a lot of spare cash to throw around!
Ready to get started making the perfect plant-based coffee drink? Purchase your own Zulay Original Milk Frother here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?