To get that perfect cup of coffee, you need the freshest beans.
And that’s where picking the right coffee grinder comes into play.
But which brand is the best? What’s the difference between a burr and a blade grinder?
Read our guides to find the answers to those questions and more.
Choosing the Best Grinder
New to coffee grinders?
Not sure where to start?
We have you covered – just dive in with these beginner-friendly articles.
- Best Coffee Grinder For Cold Brew – to get the best cold brew possible, choose a grinder with flat or conical burrs and a wide range of settings (especially in the coarse range)
- Best Coffee Grinder For French Press – French Press requires a coarse grind to prevent overextraction, so make sure you choose a grinder with those settings.
- Best Coffee Grinder For Pour Over – you’ll need a grinder with medium-fine to medium grind settings to get the best coffee for pour over – we cover the best choices.
- Best Manual Coffee Grinder – if you prefer to handle things yourself, we have covered the best manual grinders on the market today in this article.
- Smallest Coffee Grinder – if you have limited counter space, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a good grinder (there are several good options available to you today).
- Best Budget Coffee Grinder – if you’re on a tight budget, go for manual grinders instead of electric ones (but always get a conical burr grinder!).
- Burr Grinder vs Blade Grinder – if you want the best tasting coffee possible, always opt for the burr grinder (even if they’re a bit more expensive).
If you’ve been researching grinders for any amount of time, chances are you heard about Baratza and their grinders.
Here are the articles we have about this great brand.
- Baratza Encore Review – we consider this to be Baratza’s flagship product. It’s ideal for beginners, budget-friendly, and it’s pretty silent – perfect for those living in apartments.
- Baratza Encore vs Virtuoso – if you want to upgrade your coffee setup, go with the Virtuoso; it’s the more expensive model for advanced home baristas.
- Baratza Encore vs Capresso Infinity – we found that Capresso is better for people on really tight budgets, but if you want an objectively better grinder you should go with the Encore.
- How To Clean Baratza Encore – if you want to use your grinder without any issues, you must take proper care of it. Here’s how to do that.
Looking for a specific grinder review?
Here are the ones we’ve covered so far!