In a hurry? Our top pick is the COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle.
A gooseneck kettle is a simple tool that can really improve your pour over brewing game.
Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Great coffee relies on good extraction, and this is the right tool for the job.
But choosing the perfect model is not an easy task, considering they all seem pretty similar at first glance.
So in this article, I’ll show you what features the best gooseneck kettle needs to have, as well as the best models on the market.
The Best Gooseneck Kettles – Our Top 8 Picks
- COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle (Best Overall Gooseneck Kettle)
- Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle (Best Premium Option)
- Bodum 11883-259US Melior Gooseneck Electric Water Kettle (Easiest To Use)
- Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle (Best Portable Option)
- Bonavita 1.0L Electric Kettle (Best Retro Design)
- OPUX Stainless Steel Pour Over Coffee Kettle (Best Budget Pick)
- Apexstone Mini 20oz Pour Over Coffee Kettle (Best Mini Gooseneck Kettle)
- Jocuu Pour Over Coffee Kettle (Fastest Gooseneck Kettle)
COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Personally, I love appliances with beep alerts. If I had a dollar for each time I’ve let the water in my stovetop kettle evaporate because I’ve forgotten about it…
Well, let’s just say I’d be rich.
This might not be the coolest feature this electric kettle has to offer, but it’s definitely the one that caught my attention. And don’t worry – if you hate beeping, you can turn it off.
In any case, it’s a pretty fast gooseneck kettle. Heating water to boiling point takes about 3 to 5 minutes. So by the time you grab your pour over brewer, the water will have already reached the desired temperature.
Speaking of which, there are five precise temperature settings to choose from. Whether you’re drinking coffee or different types of tea, just press the designated button. The water will reach the preset temperature.
After it’s done, the kettle shuts down to prevent short circuits and fire accidents. Or by pressing ‘Hold Temp,’ you can keep it at the same temperature for up to an hour.
- It boils water in just 3 to 5 minutes, which is faster than most models
- The Boil-Dry safety feature turns off the kettle when there is no water inside, which protects you from potential fire hazards
- The Keep Warm function keeps water at the same temperature for up to 60 minutes, so you can take your time when making pour over coffee
- A beep alert lets you know when your water is ready, in case you forgot about it
- It’s somewhat heavy, so it isn’t great for travelling with
Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Now, this is a gooseneck kettle that screams “luxury.”
Just look at that simple yet elegant design. There are seven color options, including matte black, copper and even warm pink. And to be honest, I don’t know which one I like more!
To boil water, it uses a 1200 watt quick-heating element that allows you to set the temperature with accuracy to a single degree. This means you can experiment with your brew and find what works the best.
By the way, there’s a Bluetooth version as well. It allows you to operate the kettle with the app on your phone. That way, you can heat up the water before you even step out of bed.
I love the gooseneck spout on this kettle. It’s sleek and pointed, perfect for a slow pour.
The counterbalanced handle might look odd, but it actually sits really well in your hand. This allows you to be very precise when pouring water.
There are tons of things I like about this gooseneck kettle. But what I don’t like is the price. It costs around three times more than other decent kettles on the market.
Is that much money worth spending on a kettle?
That’s up to you to decide.
- The sleek minimalist design will look good with any kitchen decor
- Variable temperature control allows you to try out different brewing techniques
- The Bluetooth version lets you operate the kettle without being near it, which allows you to multitask easier
- It comes with a 1-year warranty, so you can rest assured you won’t get a faulty kettle
- It’s really expensive for a gooseneck kettle
Bodum 11883-259US Melior Gooseneck Electric Water Kettle
The first thing that caught my eye about this gooseneck kettle was the cork details. Both the lid and handle are made of natural and renewable European cork.
They give the kettle a stylish look all the while providing a comfortable grip.
The handle is counterbalanced, which makes slow pouring a much easier job. You won’t feel your hand numbing after you’re done making coffee.
Using this kettle couldn’t be any easier. There’s a single switch that turns it on, along with an indicator light. As soon as it finishes boiling your water, the kettle shuts down automatically.
This means you don’t have to worry about potential fire hazards.
The gooseneck spout is elegant but very functional. It’s narrow and slightly curved, which translates into very precise pouring. This will help you get perfectly extracted coffee.
I do wish this kettle had a few more bells and whistles. But considering it comes with a pretty affordable price tag, I really can’t complain. It does everything a kettle in its price range should do, and then some.
- The cork details are not only good looking, but also functional as they prevent scalding
- An automatic shutdown feature protects from fire hazards
- It’s very affordable, so you can save money for other coffee accessories
- The counterbalanced handle allows you to pour water without straining your hand
- A 30-inch cord may be too short to reach your kitchen outlets
Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle
Electric kettles are convenient, but a stovetop kettle is your best traveling buddy.
You can bring it wherever you’re going, be it a hotel or a campground. It works on any type of stove, including induction.
With an easy-to-read swivelling thermometer, you can check the precise water temperature at any time.
It shows temperatures in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. So even your international friends can use this kettle without using a metric converter.
It’s made of high quality stainless steel and it has cool-touch features. This includes the handle, as well as a silicone jacket that goes around the body. The jacket doesn’t just prevent scalding, but also helps keep the water warm for longer.
This is considered a large gooseneck kettle. It has a 52-ounce capacity, which is great for households full of coffee lovers. It lets you boil enough water for your extra-large pour over brewer in a single go!
- The swivelling thermometer lets you know how hot your water is at any given time
- With a 52-ounce capacity, this kettle is suitable for large households
- The silicone jacket prevents scalding and further insulates the interior, keeping your water hot for a longer time
- It shows degrees in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, so you don’t have to use a converter to read it – no matter where you’re from
- The thermometer is not the best quality, so it can break easily
Bonavita Electric Kettle
For some reason, this gooseneck kettle reminded me of Mrs Potts from Beauty and the Beast. I guess it’s the almost round body shape and semi-heart handle.
But while it looks good, the handle is not so great in practice. It’s made of BPA-free plastic and simply isn’t very comfortable to hold.
What I do like about this kettle is the gooseneck spout. It’s just narrow enough, and perfectly curved. It allows you to pour water precisely into your brewer, saturating the coffee grounds evenly.
I also love the fact that it comes with a 2-year warranty. Call me pessimistic, but I prefer being sure I can replace it free of charge if there’s something wrong with it.
And who doesn’t?
At the end of the day, what it lacks in features, it makes up for in performance. It takes no more than 3 minutes to boil 33 ounces of water. It also gives you great control over pouring.
And all that comes with a low price tag, so it’s quite a steal.
- It boils water in just 3 minutes, so you can get brewing quick with no delays
- A 2-year warranty gives you peace of mind knowing you can replace it if something’s wrong with it
- The classic design means it can match both retro and modern decor
- It’s pretty simple to operate, so you don’t have to waste time flipping through the manual
- The handle isn’t very comfortable to hold
OPUX Stainless Steel Pour Over Coffee Kettle
I’m a sucker for copper kitchen gadgets and appliances, so it’s no surprise this model ended up on my list.
But let me state this right away – looks are not the only reason this kettle deserves a spot.
First, this is a high-quality product. It’s a 18/8 grade stainless steel kettle, which means it’s food-safe and corrosion resistant. As long as you wash it regularly, this kettle can last you for a very long time.
It comes with a cleaning brush that allows you to reach odd corners and remove residues. This is not a tool most people have lying around their kitchens, so getting one in the package is a real lifesaver.
But I simply hate cleaning by hand. If you do too, then you’ll be happy to hear this kettle is dishwasher safe. Just place it on the rack and use your time and effort on something else – like choosing a coffee flavor.
This is a 40-ounce capacity kettle. It’s great for households and individuals that drink lots of coffee each day.
- This is one of the most affordable options on the market
- It’s suitable for use on any kind of stove, from ceramic to induction
- Since it’s dishwasher-safe, you don’t have to waste time washing it by hand
- The size makes it suitable for large families and households
- The handle is not of the greatest quality
Apexstone Mini Pour Over Coffee Kettle
If you’re the only coffee drinker in your household, there’s no need for a large gooseneck kettle.
Especially if you’re already short on storage space in your kitchen.
This cute little kettle has a 20-ounce capacity, which is perfect for those that enjoy a cup or two per day. Don’t forget that the smaller the amount of water inside, the faster it will boil.
I’m all about saving time, so this mini kettle really speaks to me.
The handle is ear-shaped, ergonomic and cold to the touch. Together with a narrow gooseneck spout, it allows you to control the flow of water and make that perfect cup of coffee.
It’s made of 304 grade stainless steel, which is sturdy, non-corrosive and safe for your health.
Cleaning is simple. You can rinse it with water and clean it with a brush or sponge. Or if you’re lazy like me, just throw it in the dishwasher.
And notice that U-shaped hole on the lid?
That’s a fastener. When placed in the correct position, it prevents the lid from falling off while you’re pouring water. This is great because it prevents spills and scalding from occurring.
- With a 20-ounce capacity, this kettle is ideal for individuals that drink a few cups each day
- It’s dishwasher-safe, which saves you the hassle of washing it in the sink
- It’s non-corrosive and sturdy, so it can last you for decades
- The lid features a fastener, which prevents it from slipping off while you’re pouring
- It’s somewhat heavy for a kettle of its size
Jocuu Pour Over Coffee Kettle
In the morning, every minute counts.
So when you’re already in a hurry to make a cup of coffee, wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to wait so long for the water to boil?
This is the Speedy Gonzales of gooseneck kettles. It brings water to a boil in 1 to 3 minutes – so by the time you blink a few times, your water is ready to be poured.
This model has precise temperature control from 113 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that you can play around with different coffee brewing methods, as well as use the kettle for other purposes, too.
Once the water reaches the desired temperature, the kettle automatically turns off. This safety feature might seem excessive, but it saves heads, trust me!
But, if you need your water to remain hot for a while, there’s a Keep Warm function that holds it at the same temperature for up to 120 minutes.
The kettle remembers the preset temperature you selected last time. So if you’re the only one using it, you don’t have to press tons of buttons each time you want to boil some water.
- It boils water in 1 to 3 minutes, which is faster than most kettles
- Precise temperature control makes experimenting with your brewing technique a whole lot smoother and easier
- An auto-shutdown feature prevents accidental fires from happening
- It remembers the water temperature settings used last time, so you don’t have to set it time and time again
- The plastic details appear a bit cheap
How To Shop For The Best Gooseneck Kettle
Choosing a good gooseneck kettle isn’t an easy task.
Various models might look alike, but the difference lies in the tiny details.
So before you pick one, here are a few things you need to know about them.
Electric VS Stovetop
The first choice you need to make is between an electric and stovetop gooseneck kettle.
Electric gooseneck kettles make your job a bit easier with features such as variable temperature control, for example.
They’re quicker at boiling water, too, and you can use them pretty much anywhere, be it an office or a college dorm.
A stovetop gooseneck kettle, on the other hand, has a much simpler design.
They don’t have as many impressive features, but what’s cool about them is that they don’t require a power source. That means you can easily bring them on camping and road trips.
When you’re making pour overs, the water should be between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
A higher temperature can cause your coffee to taste burnt, while a lower temperature won’t extract enough flavor from the beans.
Most electric kettles have some kind of temperature control.
Some let you choose between several presets. More professional kettles, on the other hand, allow you to adjust the desired temperature to a single degree.
As for stovetop kettles, certain models feature a built-in thermometer. This saves you having to play a guessing game to determine how hot your water is.
A gooseneck kettle allows you to control the saturation of your coffee grounds.
This in turn lets you achieve an ideal extraction more easily.
Some gooseneck kettles pour faster than others, depending on how narrow their spout is.
Ideally, you want to find a kettle with a flow rate that’s a happy medium – a spout that is neither too narrow nor too wide.
It should pour slowly and evenly. If it dribbles or splashes at the beginning it’s no good.
Don’t expect a huge size range with gooseneck kettles.
The majority have a capacity somewhere between 27 and 40 ounces.
The question is – are you brewing for just yourself or your entire household?
In the first case, you don’t really need a kettle bigger than 33 ounces. But if your family members are coffee aficionados too, then go for the largest one available.
Material And Design
Stainless steel is, hands down, the best material for a gooseneck kettle.
It’s durable, easy to clean and rustproof. And it doesn’t affect the taste of your coffee either, unlike Teflon and other materials.
One thing you should keep an eye out for is the grade of steel a kettle is made of. You can’t go wrong with 304 or 316 grade stainless steel.
Making pour over coffee takes time. You can expect to be holding a kettle for quite some time, swirling it left and right while the water is slowly poured into the brewer.
That’s why a good kettle should always have an ergonomic handle.
Not only does it need to sit comfortably in your hand, it also needs to be skid-proof. Trust me, you don’t want a kettle full of boiling hot water to slip out of your hand.
I’m sure you’ve got some questions about gooseneck kettles unrelated to their features and specs.
In this section, I’ll answer some of the questions that might be crossing your mind.
Do I Really Need A Gooseneck Kettle?
If you don’t own one, you can use a regular kettle instead.
But keep in mind that it won’t give you a precise and consistent pour, which might result in unevenly extracted coffee.
For any pour over coffee brewing method such as Chemex, Hario V60, and Kalita Wave, using a gooseneck kettle makes a massive difference. I’d definitely recommend getting one if you plan on getting into any of these methods – it’ll make your life a whole lot easier.
How Do You Clean A Gooseneck Kettle?
For optimal results, you should rinse your kettle after each use.
If any deposits form, you can use a mixture of water and lemon juice or vinegar to remove the buildup.
Do I Need A Thermometer For My Gooseneck Kettle?
If your kettle doesn’t come with one, you should definitely get a thermometer.
The ideal water temperature for pour over coffee is a few degrees lower than boiling point. So if you want to be precise so you can get the perfect extraction, a thermometer is definitely the way to go.
The Final Verdict
With so many great options on the market, picking the best gooseneck kettle wasn’t easy.
But all in all, I think it’s safe to say that the winner is the COSORI electric gooseneck kettle.
This kettle is fast, easy to use and has safety features that give you peace of mind. Plus, it beeps when it’s done heating up your water.
And most importantly, it pours water consistently and evenly. It’s truly an irreplaceable tool for brewing perfect pour over coffee!