Short on time? The Star Coffee milk frothing pitcher is your best bet for making the perfect latte art.
If you’re going to make an A+ latte, you’ve got to have the best milk frothing pitcher to do it with.
That’s because a frothing pitcher is what helps you steam and pour milk correctly so that you can make lattes with great decorations.
If you’re ready to get to work whipping up Instagrammable lattes, this guide is for you.
Here are the best milk frothing pitchers, plus a buying guide to help you pick the right one for you.
Best Milk Frothing Pitchers – Our 9 Top Picks
- Star Coffee Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitcher (Best Overall)
- De’Longhi Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitcher (Best for Single-Serve Lattes)
- Dianoo Espresso Steaming Pitcher (Most Aesthetic)
- Fellow Eddy Milk Frother Pitcher (Best For Multiple Hand Positions)
- Rhino Stealth Milk Pitcher (Best Non-Stick Frothing Pitcher)
- Apexstone Milk Frother Pitcher (Best for Beginners)
- Yarlung Milk Frothing Pitcher (Best for Intricate Artwork)
- Motta Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher (Best for Professional Baristas)
- Brewista Milk Frothing Pitcher (Best for Those With Shaky Hands)
Star Coffee Milk Frothing Pitcher
Creating the perfect latte art is all about creativity and accuracy, and Star Coffee’s milk frothing pitcher has those factors down pat.
This milk frothing pitcher has measurements on the interior walls, so you have better control of the amount of milk you use. This can help you measure exactly what you need for each latte and prevent waste.
Star Coffee’s milk frothing pitcher has a wide-angled spout which prevents leakage and makes pouring frothed milk easier. Both those factors make it easy to use, even if you’re a beginner barista.
On top of that, it helps you maintain the temperature of your milk thanks to the stainless steel material. The material is resistant to heat, discoloration, and rust, meaning it lasts a long time, too.
Plus, they’re dishwasher safe! That makes cleaning up your coffee workspace much easier after making a latte.
Speaking of washing up, when you purchase a Star Coffee pitcher, it comes with a microfiber wiping cloth. The cloth facilitates easier cleaning and drying.
- It’s affordable, so it’s perfect for those who are on a budget
- It features measurement lines inside the pitcher, so it’s easy to calculate how much milk you need
- It’s large, so it’s great for those who make multiple drinks at a time
- It has a wide-angled spout, so it’s easy to pour milk
- The stainless steel material can get too hot, so milk can burn at the pitcher’s bottom
- It’s on the simple side, so if you’re a professional barista, it might not be sufficient for your needs
De’Longhi Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitcher
De’Longhi’s sleek, stainless steel milk frothing pitcher is a well-rounded device with a minimalist design. This minimalist design makes it easy to clean and great for those who are just learning how to steam milk.
Because it’s made of stainless steel, it won’t rust or discolor. It also helps keep the milk at the right temperature for longer (around 131 to 143ºF).
Unlike many other milk pitchers, the De’Longhi pitcher features a narrow spout to keep you from making a mess on your countertop. It also makes it easier to pour complex designs for your latte.
The pitcher also has a heat-resistant grip, so you don’t burn your hand when pouring milk.
The one downside to the pitcher is that it’s a bit on the smaller side. It’s really only big enough to make one drink at a time.
- It has a narrow spout, so you can add finer details to your latte art
- It has a heat-resistant handle, so you’re less likely to burn your hands
- It’s made of stainless steel, so it helps keep your milk at the right temperature
- It has a minimalist design, so it looks great in just about any kitchen
- It’s small, so it’s not the best for those who brew a lot of coffee
- It does not come with measurements inside the pitcher, so it can be hard to gauge how much milk you’re using
Dianoo Espresso Steaming Pitcher
Dianoo’s milk frothing pitcher stands out because of its beautiful design. Dianoo’s milk frothing pitcher comes in a variety of colors. Choose from silver, black, blue, white, copper, or rainbow ombre.
Aside from the rainbow of colors, you can choose from when buying a Dianoo pitcher, it’s also made of stainless steel. That means it’s durable, long-lasting, and resistant to discoloration.
Probably the most convenient thing about this milk pitcher, however, is that it comes in two sizes: 350ml and 600 ml. Regardless of whether you’ll be brewing for one person or two, you’ve got a solid device with the Dianoo pitcher.
- It comes in multiple colors, so you can choose something that fits your personality
- It has a tilted cup design, so it’s easy for beginner baristas to use
- Made of grade 304 stainless steel, so it’s durable
- Has a matte finish, so it’s a bit more elegant than your standard stainless steel pitcher
- The matte finish can easily get scratched, so the classy exterior may not last as long
- The handle is awkward, so it can be uncomfortable for you to grip
Fellow Eddy Milk Frother Pitcher
The Fellow Eddy steaming pitcher takes pride in its open ribbon handle design. The open handle design is great for those with big hands or who use different hand positions while pouring.
On top of that, this pitcher has a spout that starts at the pitcher’s base. This is in contrast to most milk pitchers whose spouts split from the middle of the pitcher.
The change in the spout design makes the milk flow more smoothly when pouring your latte. As a seasoned barista, I can attest to the fact that when the milk flows more smoothly, it’s a whole lot easier to create a silky latte.
The pitcher’s body is made with stainless steel, so it’s durable and long-lasting, too.
There are also measurement scales inside for better accuracy and less milk waste. This can be a major feature if you’re conscious of not overpouring your milk.
- Has an open handle design, so it’s great for any hand position.
- Has a fluted spout design, so it’s much smoother to steam and pour milk
- Measurement scales are present inside the pitcher, so you get better accuracy in terms of milk quantity
- Features a sharp front crease, so you’ll be able to pour your drink without too much movement of the hand
- It’s on the smaller side, so it’s not suitable for frothing large amounts of milk
- Its shiny finish can leave fingerprint marks, so you have to clean it more frequently
Rhino Stealth Milk Pitcher
The Rhino Stealth Milk Pitcher is a compact yet heavy-duty latte art pitcher that guarantees it will last a long time.
And because it’s compact, you don’t need to stress about how to fit it on your countertop.
Aside from being compact, Rhino Stealth also features a premium non-stick coating. This makes the pitchers easier to clean and more durable.
Another benefit of Rhino Stealth is that they offer three pitcher sizes: 12, 20, and 32 ounces.
All of these pitchers are dishwasher safe, although you should avoid using abrasive pads or harsh chemicals on them. If you do, it can damage the non-stick coating.
You’ve also got to be careful when using metal thermometers with these pitchers to check your milk temperature. These types of thermometers can also have a chemical reaction with the nonstick coating, causing it to erode.
- It’s budget-friendly, so it’s great for those who need something affordable
- It has a non-stick coating, so milk is less likely to scald the bottom of the pitcher
- It has a stainless steel body, so it speeds up the time it takes to steam your milk
- It’s got a comfortable handle, so it won’t strain or hurt your hands to use
- The handle is misaligned from the spout, so pouring can be a bit awkward
- The color on the non-stick variants can wear off, so it’s not the most durable pitcher
Apexstone Milk Frother Pitcher
Apexstone’s milk frothing pitchers are easy to operate, making them perfect for beginners.
They’ve got volume measurements marked on the inside of the pitchers to help you measure how much milk to steam at a time.
This frothing pitcher has a curved pouring spout. This makes it easier to pour without making a mess. It also makes separating the foam from the milk easier, so you can create great latte art.
It’s made with 304 stainless steel, so it’s corrosion and rust-resistant. Plus, they’re easy to clean, so you won’t constantly be in the kitchen doing dishes!
Apexstone pitchers are also easy to control thanks to the spherical bottom.
- It has written measurements, so it’s easy to figure out how much milk you’re pouring
- It has a curved spout, so it’s easier to pour milk without spills
- It’s made of 304 stainless steel, so it’s rust and corrosion-resistant
- It has a comfortable handle, so your hand won’t get tired while pouring lots of drinks
- The pitcher is small, so it’s not ideal for those who brew a lot of lattes at a time
- It’s pretty basic, so it may not be ideal for professional baristas
Yarlung Milk Frothing Pitcher
If you’ve spent some time on Instagram, you’ve probably seen people make latte art of people’s faces and other intricate designs.
With Yarlung’s milk jug and latte art pen, you can too! The pen lets you draw latte art into your drink, while the milk pitcher makes it easy to make a perfect milk froth for a latte.
Yarlung milk frothing pitchers also come in a rainbow ombre color, which gives it an edgy appeal and makes it look cool in your kitchen. Even though it’s rainbow-colored, the inner material is still stainless steel. It’s stain-proof, heat-proof, rust-proof, and non-toxic.
Besides the latte art pen, this frother has internal measurement marks on the pitcher. That’s great for making sure you get just the right amount of milk for your drink.
It also comes with a narrow spout that allows easy milk pouring. The spout design helps stop you from spilling milk and making a mess on your countertop.
- It has a rainbow ombre design, so it’s got a very unique appearance
- It comes with a latte art pen, so you can create more unique designs
- It comes with a narrow spout, so it’s great for better milk pouring control.
- It has a glossy finish that’s dishwasher safe, so you get great aesthetics without sacrificing durability
- It’s small, so it’s not suitable for frothing significant amounts of milk
- It’s designed for beginners, so you might find it takes the fun out of latte art if you’re a seasoned professional
Motta Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher
The Motta frothing pitcher was designed in collaboration with the Italian Barista Association. In other words, these are pitchers that were designed with baristas in mind!
The milk jug has a high spout design that prevents spills. They also help you maintain control over the flow of the milk, allowing you to make more intricate latte art.
Aside from the spout, the pitcher’s handle is heat-resistant. It makes it more comfortable to pour milk into your cup.
In terms of the pitcher’s body, you can rely on grade 304 stainless steel. It’s food safe, durable, and long-lasting. With the high-quality stainless steel, you can also expect your frothing pitcher to not rust or discolor for a long time.
Finally, the pitcher has a wider base, with the top half narrowing down. Thanks to this figure, you can create microfoam much more easily.
- The high spout design totally enhances your milk pouring.
- It has a broad base and narrow top, so you get better control while making microfoam
- Made with 304 stainless steel, so it’s durable and corrosion-resistant.
- It has a heat-resistant handle, so you won’t burn yourself while steaming milk
- It’s a premium brand, so it comes at a higher price points
- It features a distinctive shape, so there’s a bit of a learning curve for beginners
Brewista Milk Frothing Pitcher
The Brewista milk jug features laser-welded handles that make it easier for you to control the flow of milk.
The handles are also perfectly aligned with the pitcher spouts, so milk pouring is more efficient.
The handles have thicker material on the top half. This makes them more comfortable to grip and control, too.
Aside from laser-welded handles, the pitcher features measurement lines on its interior walls. This ensures accurate milk scaling and minimizes waste.
Brewista milk frothing pitchers come in two sizes: 12 and 20 ounces. All Brewista pitchers have a durable non-stick coating and are made with 304-grade stainless steel. They are easy to clean and dry using the dishwasher.
- Has laser-welded handles, so you have more control when pouring milk
- Features a non-stick coating, so milk is less likely to get burnt at the bottom of the jug
- Made of 304-grade stainless steel, so it’s resistant to heat, corrosion, and rust.
- It has internal measurement lines, so you can accurately scale your milk
- It’s on the small side, so it’s not suitable for frothing large amounts of milk
- It’s a premium brand, so it’s expensive compared to other milk pitchers
The Ultimate Milk Frothing Pitcher Buying Guide
Now that you’ve got a look at some of the best milk pitchers out there, how do you know which one to choose?
As it happens, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
Let’s take a look at a few key factors to consider when choosing a milk jug.
Choose the Best Material for Durability
Milk pitchers can be made from several different types of material. In most cases, you’ll find milk pitchers are made out of different types of stainless steel.
Stainless steel is a good pick because it retains heat for a while, is non-toxic, and is durable.
Being non-toxic is important because it helps prevent the metal from contaminating the milk you’re steaming and making you sick. Whereas some types of metal can cause reactions with milk, stainless steel doesn’t.
On top of that, stainless steel retains your milk’s temperature. That means you can steam your milk and set it aside while pulling your espresso shots. When you combine the milk with the espresso drinks, you will still have hot milk.
Lastly, stainless steel is durable. It’s resistant to rust, stains, and discoloration. That way, you don’t have to worry about constantly replacing your milk frothing jug.
Before purchasing a milk jug, check to see what type of material it’s made of. If it’s made of stainless steel, you’ve probably got a decent pitcher on your hands.
A Design That’s Comfortable and Aesthetically Pleasing
Another thing to think about is the steaming pitcher design.
The design of the pitcher partly affects aesthetics. You want to find a latte art pitcher that you think looks nice and that complements your kitchen and espresso machine well.
Many pitchers just come in plain, stainless steel. However, there are those out there with cute colors that you might pick.
Think about how important this is to you and what you’re looking for. If you decide a cute milk jug is a must-have, look for brands that offer multiple color choices.
When talking about design, you also need to consider the pitcher’s handle shape. The handle shape affects how comfortable and easy it is for you to pour milk. It also protects you from burning yourself on the pitcher while steaming the milk.
Look at and try out a few different handle types. This should give you a good idea of which one makes sense for you.
And, be sure to check what type of insulation the pitcher has. That way, you choose one that doesn’t burn your hands!
The Right Size for Your Needs
Next, you need to think about the size of the pitcher.
Determining the best size you need depends on the quantity of milk you’ll typically froth. The most common pitcher sizes are 12 and 20 ounces. But, some brands offer smaller and bigger sizes.
You’ll need to make sure your latte art pitcher isn’t too big or too small. If it’s too small, you’ll have to steam the milk in batches. If it’s too big, you won’t be able to submerge the steam wand for proper aeration.
Think about how many lattes you make at a time and how often you make them. If it’s just you drinking the occasional cup, you can probably do with a smaller one.
On the other hand, if you make tons of lattes at a time, you’re probably going to need a bigger pitcher.
It’s All About the Spout
Finally, you need to think about the spout.
The spout is important because it dictates how easily and smoothly you’re able to pour the steamed milk into your cup.
Since the pour is the secret to good latte art, I’d say this is a pretty crucial part of your milk jug.
Traditional spouts with wider shapes are probably a good pick if you’re a beginner. They make milk pouring smoother and more uniform. Plus, they’re conducive to some of the basic latte art designs like flowers and leaves.
For more complex designs, a sharper spout is a better option. It’s narrower and finer. Sharp spouts allow you to draw swans or rosettas because they allow more control for more intricate details.
Advanced baristas may want to think about choosing a narrower spout. However, if you’re new to latte art, you’ll probably want to look for a wider spout.
The Final Rundown
When it comes to the best milk frothing pitcher, the Star Coffee Frothing Pitcher is the clear winner.
It has convenient measurement lines on the inside that prevent excessive milk waste. Plus, it’s simple enough for beginners but open-ended enough that professionals can have fun with it.
Best of all, this is a pretty affordable pitcher. So, anyone interested in trying their hand at latte art can get started with this pitcher.
With that said, you’re ready to get started whipping up some incredible lattes with gorgeous artwork!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?