However, not all Keurig machines are great at making it.
But don’t worry.
Today I’ll show you what the best Keurig for iced coffee is, as well as its close follow-ups. That way, you can make an informed decision when you go shopping for a Keurig.
Let’s get straight to the point!
Best Keurig for Iced Coffee: Top 7 Picks
- Keurig K-Elite (Best Overall)
- Keurig K-Cafe (Best For Milk-Based Drinks)
- Keurig K-Supreme (Best Bang For Buck)
- K-Supreme Plus (Most Customizable)
- K-Supreme Plus Smart (Best For Remote Control)
- Keurig K-Slim (Most Compact Design)
- Keurig K-Duo Single Serve and Carafe (Best For Large Households)
The K-Elite is the trendsetter when it comes to making iced coffee – at least when it comes to Keurig machines.
It’s one of the first models to feature the iced coffee function. With just a simple click of the button, this machine makes a concentrated cup ideal for iced coffee.
What’s great about K-Elite is that it does the majority of work for you. In other words, it selects the optimal size and strength for iced coffee so that there’s less guesswork involved.
Additionally, the K-Elite also features a “strong” button which allows you to make a bolder cup of coffee.
This model comes with a 75-ounce water tank, which is pretty large for a single-serving coffee maker. That means you can make about a dozen 6-ounce cups of coffee before it needs to be refilled.
And speaking of cups, the K-Elite allows you to choose from 5 sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces. With so many options available, you can make your coffee as large as you want without ending up with cold leftovers.
- With a water tank of 75-ounce capacity, you can make up to 12 cups of coffee without refilling
- You can make your coffee in 5 different cup sizes, ranging from 4 to 12 ounces
- This is a rather quiet machine, so you can brew coffee even when your household is asleep
- Brews coffee in under a minute
- Somewhat expensive compared to other Keurig models
The K-Cafe is a Keurig coffee maker that specializes in making milk-based coffee drinks, such as lattes and cappuccinos. This is thanks to the built-in frother that works well with different types of milk, including soy and almond.
The frother has two different options, depending on the drink of your choice. It makes a creamy foam for lattes as well as frothy foam for cappuccinos. And by pressing the “cold” button, the coffee maker creates an iced version of these drinks.
And since the milk frother is dishwasher-safe, maintenance is rather simple.
What’s also great about this machine is its smart start capability. This means it’s ready to brew as soon as you turn it on, without waiting for it to preheat.
Thanks to the automatic shutdown feature, the K-Cafe is very energy-efficient. The machine turns off after two hours of being idle. Of course, you can always disable this function if you prefer.
The K-Cafe works great regardless of the altitude you’re at. The machine features a special mode that allows you to brew coffee at elevations above 5,000 feet.
- High altitude mode makes the machine brew optimally regardless of the elevation you’re at
- With a tank capacity of 60 ounces, you can make more than half a dozen cups of coffee before refilling it
- You can choose between two frothing options, depending on the kind of drink you’re making
- The smart start capability allows you to brew coffee as soon as you turn the machine on
- Takes up quite a lot of counter space
K-Supreme is the first model to come out from this line, and the first Keurig coffee maker with Multistream technology. What this feature does is it pulses water in five streams instead of one to soak coffee grounds for optimal extraction.
This model offers several cup-size options, ranging from 6 to 12 ounces, so you can make exactly how much coffee you need.
The slim design of K-Supreme allows you to fit it on your counter even with rather limited space. What’s more, you can also adjust the position of the water tank to be either on the back or the side of the coffee maker.
Speaking of the water tank, this model comes with one with a capacity of 66 ounces. If we do the math, that’s 10 cups of standard, 6-ounce cups of coffee without having to refill.
What also makes K-Supreme stand out from the crowd is its brewing speed. Not only does it make coffee within minutes, but also allows you to brew cup after cup without having to wait for the machine to heat up again.
- The Multistream technology assures your coffee gets optimally extracted every time
- A dual position tank allows you to adjust it depending on the space on your counter
- Fast and back-to-back brewing lets you brew cup after cup without waiting
- A tall spout and removable drip tray allow the machine to accommodate a mug up to 7 inches high
- Limited customization options
This model is the upgraded version of the original K-Supreme.
Aside from the “iced coffee” options, it offers additional customization settings. These include coffee strength and temperature. This means you can really adjust the drink to be up to your liking.
What’s more, this coffee maker allows you to save up to 3 coffee preferences. This is quite convenient if other household members also enjoy coffee but have their own twist on the drink.
As for the cup sizes, this model offers 5 options to choose from 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces. This is one of the few Keurig machines to offer the 4-ounce option, which makes a really concentrated cup of coffee.
With a spout set so high, you can pour coffee directly into your favorite mug. When you remove the drip tray, the machine can accommodate any mug that’s no more than 7.2 inches high.
K-Supreme Plus is also known for having one of the largest water reservoirs from Keurig machines. With 78 ounces, you can probably get by with refilling every week or so.
- Lots of customizable options allow you to adjust coffee according to your preference
- You can save up to 3 drink profiles so that you can make them with a single button press in future
- A whopping 78-ounce water reservoir allows you to go as long as a week before refilling
- You can fit a mug up to 7.2 inches high under the spout
- A relatively slow machine compared to most Keurig models
K-Supreme Plus Smart
This model is great for those that want their coffee to be brewed before they even get out of bed. With K-Supreme Plus Smart, this is possible thanks to the Keurig app.
The application allows you not just to brew remotely but also to schedule the next brew whenever it suits you.
What’s more, the app also tracks your K Cup coffee pod usage and automatically reorders new K Cups when you’re running low. This means you can never run out of pods again!
This model also offers quite a bit of personalization.
With 5 strength and 6 temperature options available, you can make your coffee exactly how you like it. Plus, you can save up to 10 different preferences for a quicker brew next time.
While there are lots of options to choose from, setting up your brew is still pretty simple. This is thanks to the simple OLED display screen as well as buttons that feature icons.
Why is this model called “Smart,” you might ask?
Because it uses the new BrewID technology that recognizes the Keurig K Cup pod you’ve placed inside the machine. From there, it adjusts the brew settings to suit your choice of a pod based on the recommendation from the manufacturer.
- You can operate the coffee machine remotely through an app on your phone
- The machine allows you to save up to 10 different drink preferences
- You can customize your coffee with 5 strength, 6 temperature, and 5 cup settings
- A 78-ounce water tank allows you to make more than a dozen cups of coffee before refilling
- This is one of the most expensive Keurig models
This Keurig machine is great for RVs, dorms, and tiny apartments. With dimensions of 12×4.7×15 inches, the K-Slim is designed to fit on even the smallest of counters.
A 46-ounce water reservoir this model comes with is on the smaller side when it comes to Keurig machines. But for a single-serving machine with a slim design, that’s a pretty decent-sized tank.
And while compact, this coffee maker allows you to pour coffee directly into your favorite travel mug. If you remove the drip tray, you can fit a cup that’s 7 inches high underneath the spout.
This is not that surprising given the fact that this model is designed for large coffee. With 3 cup sizes available (8, 10, and 12 ounces), this machine is ideal for those that can’t get enough of their favorite caffeinated drink.
But as far as iced coffee goes, this drink is made in the standard 6-ounce brew size.
This machine also has an automatic turn-off feature. After being idle for 5 minutes, it shuts down to save energy. At the same time, this also prevents possible accidents from short circuits. This feature is especially handy for those that forget to turn off their appliances.
- A compact design makes this machine ideal for small counter spaces
- With such a low price tag, this Keurig model won’t break your bank
- The auto-off feature saves energy and prevents short circuit accidents
- Makes coffee in less than a minute
- No strength option available
Keurig K-Duo Single Serve and Carafe
If you have a large coffee-loving household, then a machine that makes both a single serving and a whole carafe can be quite handy. And when it comes to K-Duo, there are tons of size options to choose from.
For a carafe, you can brew anywhere between 6 and 12 cups. As for the single serving size, you can choose a cup size ranging from 6 to 12 ounces. In other words, you can make just the right amount of coffee you need at a time without ending up with stale leftovers.
While this model doesn’t have a designated “iced coffee” button, what makes it great for this refreshing drink is the “strong brew” function. What it does is it makes a really bold coffee that you can pour over ice without losing consistency.
K-Duo comes with a glass 12-cup carafe, as well as a heating plate. After you’re done brewing, it keeps your coffee hot for the next 2 hours, giving you plenty of time to drink up the whole carafe.
Additionally, you can set the machine to brew coffee up to 24 hours in advance. That way, it will be ready just when you need it.
- With both single serving and carafe options available, this machine is ideal for large households
- You can program the machine to brew up to 24 hours in advance
- The pause and pour feature allows you to pour a cup of coffee in the midst of brewing the entire carafe
- With a drip tray removed, you can pour coffee into an 8-inch tall mug
- The carafe is not dishwasher-safe, so you’ll have to clean it manually
Keurig for Iced Coffee: A Definite Buying Guide
Not every Keurig model is great for making iced coffee.
Here are the things you should look for when buying a new coffee maker.
Always keep in mind the size of your coffee-loving household. If you’re the only one drinking coffee, then you’ll probably be fine with a smaller water tank.
But if there are 3 or 4 household members that share your passion for caffeine, go with a model that has a reservoir of 60 ounces or above.
Additionally, consider getting a Keurig that brews a whole carafe, not just a single serving. You don’t want to wait in line for your morning drink, do you?
You should also keep in mind the cup size a certain model offers. While most Keurig machines make coffee in cup sizes of 8,10, and 12 ounces, only certain models offer the 4 and 6-ounce options.
Prefer your iced coffee with milk?
Then you might want to get a model with an inbuilt frother. This feature allows you to make an iced latte or cappuccino.
Buying a machine with a frother is usually much cheaper than investing in a separate one.
Compatibility with K-Cups and Reusable Coffee Filters
Who wants to drink the same ol’ coffee every day for the rest of their lives?
If you like trying out new flavors, consider getting a model that’s compatible with pods by different manufacturers.
What’s more, by getting a model that’s compatible with reusable filters, you can use coffee grounds instead of pods. Not only is it way cheaper, but also much more environmentally friendly than using K-Cups.
Certain models come with some nifty features, including:
- Smart start – the machine starts brewing instantly, without waiting to heat up
- Automatic shutdown – after being idle for a certain amount of time, the coffee maker turns off to save energy
- Travel mug compatibility – you can pour coffee directly into a tall travel mug
- High altitude setting – takes into account the effect of high elevation on water’s boiling point.
To Sum Things Up
There are tons of Keurig models that can make iced coffee, but that’s where K-Elite shines the most.
Not only does this model have a designated “iced coffee” option, but you can also choose the strength of your drink. What’s more, you can choose between 5 cup sizes, depending on how big of a caffeine fix you need.
Nothing less important is the fact that K-Elite is quiet but fast. This makes it ideal for early mornings when the rest of the household is still sound asleep.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?