In a rush? The Nespresso VertuoLine Melozio Pods are the best Nespresso Vertuo Pods.
With tons of VertuoLine pods on the market, it can be hard to pick which ones to whip up in your Nespresso VertuoLine machine.
Lucky for you, I’ve done the research and put together an overview of the best Nespresso Vertuo pods.
Also, I’ll give you a buying guide to help you pick out the best Nespresso capsule for your tastes.
Let’s jump in!
The 10 Best Nespresso Vertuo Pods
- Nespresso VertuoLine Melozio Pods (Best Overall)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Voltesso Pods (Best for Caffiends)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Intenso Pods (Best for Those Who Like Heavy-Bodied Coffee)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Stormio Pods (Best for Food Pairings)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Altissio Pods (Best for Espresso)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Gran Lungo Pods (Best for Big Cups of Coffee)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Diavolitto Pods (Best for Dark Roast Lovers)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Vanizio Pods (Best for Flavored Coffee Lovers)
- Nespresso Half Caffeinato Pods (Best for Those With Caffeine Sensitivity)
- Nespresso VertuoLine Solelio Pods (Best for Light Roast Lovers)
1. Nespresso VertuoLine Melozio Pods
The Melozio pods make a smooth coffee of medium intensity. The Melozio pods stand out for their sweet cereal notes, which are thanks to the arabica bourbon beans from Brazil.
The body and the roast are of medium-high intensity, but the pods have low acidity and bitterness.
What’s great about Melozio is that it’s a coffee pod that works well no matter what your tastes are.
It’s neither very strong nor very soft but gives you a good balance.
- They mix well with milk, so they work great for those who enjoy drinking cappuccinos and lattes.
- They have a very balanced flavor, so they’re a good brew no matter what your preferences are.
- They have a slight sweetness, so they’re less intense than some of the darker Vertuo pods.
- They don’t have a very unique flavor profile, so they don’t provide as interesting a cup of coffee.
2. Nespresso VertuoLine Voltesso Pods
The Nespresso VertuoLine Voltesso Pods have light, sweet flavors with a medium intensity.
This Nespresso capsule has sweet cookie notes, thanks to the Brazilian Bourbon coffee beans used in the pods.
They also contain a lightly roasted Colombian coffee, which gives the pods a hint of acidity that helps balance out the bourbon flavors.
The Voltesso is ideal for lovers of smooth coffee flavors. But, its lighter taste and silky smoothness won’t satisfy someone who wants a heavier body.
- It’s a very smooth coffee, so it’s easy to drink and pairs well with pastries.
- It has higher caffeine content, so it’s perfect for getting that extra pick-me-up in the morning.
- It has a brightness to it and easy-to-taste notes, so it’s great for those that like nuanced coffee.
- It’s got a much lighter body, so it doesn’t work well for those who are looking for a robust coffee.
3. Nespresso VertuoLine Intenso Pods
As the name indicates, the VertuoLine Intenso pods are a super dark brew with an intense flavor.
They provide a heavy-bodied coffee with a consistent level of bitterness and roasting.
Because these beans are so dark, however, they’re also super oily. That gives them some of the best crema of any VertuoLine pods.
The pods contain coffee made with a blend of Guatemalan robusta and Latin American arabica bean. That combination reduces the acidity of the coffee bean and brings out notes of brown sugar.
The only downside to these beans is that they are very dark. If you don’t enjoy dark roasts, you’re not going to like this pod.
- It’s a complex brew, so you can taste a lot of different flavors at once.
- It’s a rich dark roast, so it’s ideal for those who love espresso or French roasts
- It’s super smooth, so it balances out the smoky and bitter taste of the dark roast.
- They’re oily, so they give you an extra-thick crema.
- It’s super dark, so it may be too intense for those who typically like medium or light roasts.
4. Nespresso VertuoLine Stormio Pods
The Stormio pods stand out for their intense bitterness, dark roast, and full body.
These pods are made with Nicaraguan and Guatemalan beans that bring together earthy, woody, and spicy notes.
There are also cereal flavors such as malt and wheat in this coffee. Those notes make them great for pairing with pastries or baked goods.
If you’re looking for a pod to drink in the morning, the Stormio is the way to go.
- They have distinct cereal notes, so they pair well with pastries and breakfast foods.
- They have a spicy kick in the background, so they’re not like any other pods you might come across.
- They have a lot of different flavors mixed together, so it can be a bit of an odd mix of tastes.
5. Nespresso VertuoLine Altissio Pods
The Nespresso VertuoLine Altissio is an espresso pod that’s characterized by its full-bodied and creamy flavor.
It has a medium-high intensity, but that only enhances the thick, rich crema on the espresso.
The coffee beans in the Altissio pod are from Latin America, and all have cereal notes to them.
The pod has a slight bitterness, dark roast, and full body with just a slight touch of acidity. That means that it’s a dark enough coffee that tastes great as espresso, but not so dark that it’s overpowering.
Now, if you prefer a softer and lighter coffee you have other pods to choose from. Sure you will find the perfect one for you!
- Has a great crema, so it’s ideal for those who love drinking straight espresso.
- It’s a very consistent coffee, so you get the same flavors every time you make it.
- It doesn’t have a very varied flavor profile, so it can get boring after a while.
6. Nespresso VertuoLine Gran Lungo Pods
The Nespresso VertuoLine Gran Lungo pods are ideal for when you want to enjoy a big cup of coffee.
The characteristic quality and flavor of Nespresso don’t change, despite the larger size of the beverages.
There are four different flavors in the Gran Lungo range. These range from mild flavors, such as the Arondio, to intense brews, such as the Fortado.
One of these flavors is the New Inizio, which has a medium-low intensity but isn’t overshadowed by its floral flavors. It has a slight acidity and soft cereal notes.
You can also opt for the decaf version.
The downside of gran lungo pods is that they’re slightly pricier than some of the other VertuoLine pods out there.
- These capsules are larger, so you get more coffee from each pod.
- They come in a variety of flavors, so you can pick the intensity and roast that you like.
- They tend to be a bit expensive, so they don’t make sense for someone on a budget.
7. Nespresso VertuoLine Diavolitto Pods
Diavolitto is one of the most powerful and most intense pods in the Nespresso VertuoLine range.
The Diavolitto pods have a smooth, creamy texture. In terms of taste, you’ll notice notes of oak and leather.
Despite having a clear balance of body and bitterness, it has a slightly acidic flavor to it. As a result, it winds up being a much more well-rounded cup of coffee than you might expect.
- The beans are extra oily, so they make a thick and rich crema.
- The flavor profile is varied, so you can enjoy unique tastes despite this being a dark roast.
- It’s very dark, so some people find it burnt and smoky tasting.
8. Nespresso VertuoLine Vanizio Pods
Nespresso VertuoLine Vanizio pods are designed for long shots. They have a strong vanilla flavor, giving them a decidedly sweet taste.
These pods are made of a blend of Brazilian and Central American Arabica coffee beans. These beans are velvety and well-balanced.
Vanizio beans pair well with milk, so if you like drinking your coffee au lait, this might be a good option.
You won’t lose the taste of the roast, despite adding sugar or cream to your coffee.
- They have a strong vanilla flavor, so they’re perfect if you like flavored coffee.
- They pair well with milk and sugar, so you can add flavors and cream to your coffee without losing the taste of the bean.
- Tends to be a bit sweet, so if it’s not a good pick for those who prefer bitter coffee.
9. Nespresso Half Caffeinato Pods
If you’re sensitive to caffeine or just want something that won’t keep you up at night, the Nespresso Half Caffeinato pods might be for you.
These pods have half the caffeine of Nespresso’s regular Vertuo pods but still have a smooth and balanced body.
This coffee capsule has sweet and soft biscuit notes and medium intensity. It’s made of Arabica beans, and also has a nutty aftertaste.
- They have less caffeine than regular pods, so they’re great for those who can’t have caffeine.
- They’re smooth and velvety, so you get an easy-to-drink cup of coffee.
- They’re a bit on the bland side, so those who love flavorful coffee might be disappointed by these.
10. Nespresso VertuoLine Solelio Pods
The Solelio is one of the Nespresso VertuoLine’s least intense pods.
These pods have sour, fruity flavors. They also have notes of toasted cereals that add a bit more depth to the roast.
The beans are a mixture of arabicas from Kenya and Colombia. Both of those origins give this coffee a smooth balance of bitterness, body, and roast.
The one downside is that this roast can be a bit too light. Some people find it watery and lack body.
If you prefer light roasts, however, this is likely to be a winner.
- Have a light and bright flavor, so they’re easy to drink and great for citrus lovers.
- Are very fruity, so they have a rich acidic flavor.
- They don’t have much body, so the flavor can be a bit mild and watery to some coffee lovers.
Can’t Choose? There’s a Nespresso Vertuo Variety Pack.
One of the main pros of Nespresso is the catalog of pods that it has for all tastes.
But, if you can’t decide between the countless options, you can always opt for a variety pack.
The Nespresso Vertuo Variety Pack is a mix of VertuoLine pods, coming in a range of different flavors and intensities.
Inside the assorted packs are:
- Vertuo Iced Coffee Pack (80 capsules): dark and light roast pods that are ideal for cold coffee drinks.
- Vertuo Master Origins Pack (100 capsules): a mix of single-origin coffee pods.
- Vertuo Boost Takeaway Pack (80 capsules): balanced coffee blends that are perfect for those that don’t want anything too dark or too light.
- Vertuo Dark Roasted Pack (40 capsules): a mix of Vertuo’s best dark roasts.
- Vertuo Expert Pack (40 capsules): a curated mix of coffee pods selected by Nespresso coffee experts.
- Indulgent Package (100 Vertuo Capsules): a package that features just about one of every Nespresso Vertuo pod out there.
- Connoisseurs Pack (40 Vertuo Capsules): a collection of intense and smoky flavors including Il Caffè, Gran Lungo Fortado, and Double Espresso Scuro.
With one of the Vertuo variety packs, you’ll be able to figure out what you like and what you don’t.
It’s the perfect pack for discovering your new favorite drink.
What to Consider Before Buying Nespresso Vertuo Pods
Before choosing the best Nespresso pod, there are a couple of things you need to think about.
Since coffee is a product with many nuances, aromas, and flavors, you’ve got to get the features just right to find something you love.
Let’s take a look at what to consider when buying Nespresso Vertuo pods in this quick buying guide.
The roast of coffee greatly affects the flavor.
Light roasts tend to have citrusy flavors with bright acidity. Many times, single-origin coffees are roasted as a light roast because it preserves the flavor better.
Medium roasts have a much greater sweetness than light roasts and tend to be a bit more balanced.
Finally, dark roasts have smoky, earthy aromas. They’re the most common roast for espresso drinkers.
Think about what type of flavor profile you enjoy. Then, look for Nespresso Vertuo coffee pods that have the corresponding roast.
The intensity is not the same as the roast. It’s also different from the caffeine content.
Intensity talks about the strength of the flavor and how intense the taste of the coffee is.
Nespresso uses a scale of 1 to 13 to denote how intense a roast is.
Roasts ranging from 1 to 4 are considered to have a light intensity. Roasts ranging from five to nine are considered to have a medium intensity.
Finally, roasts ranging from 10 to 13 are said to be the most intense roasts.
Make sure to check the numbers on your Vertuo pods before buying them. That way, you can pick up a roast that has just the right amount of body and intensity.
Nespresso VertuoLine pods, despite all being designed for the same Nespresso machine, are not all the same size.
They come in sizes that work for lungo shots, brewed coffees, or espressos.
Make sure to think about what size and style of coffee you enjoy before purchasing.
That way, you can make sure you’re getting the right Nespresso Vertuo capsule for your preferences.
While I wish Nespresso pods were free, they’re not.
The good news is that they’re not super unreasonable, either. Most Nespresso pods are in a similar price range, and relatively affordable.
Just keep in mind that larger pods and more intense pods tend to be a bit on the pricier side.
If you like intense coffee, be prepared for the additional costs that come with those types of pods.
If you’re worried about Nespresso pods’ impact on the environment, don’t be.
Even though Nespresso pods aren’t made out of biodegradable materials, they can be recycled.
Nespresso has a special program that will recycle your pods for you and turn them back into fresh ones!
You can recycle your pods by dropping them off at any Nespresso boutique shop. There are also designated points, such as in grocery stores, where you can drop them off for recycling.
Where to Buy the Pods
When it comes to buying pods, you also have to think about where you’ll purchase them.
The good news is that you can purchase Nespresso pods at any Nespresso shop. Nespresso has stores in 84 countries, so there’s probably a store somewhere near you.
Of course, if you don’t want to venture out of the house, you can always pick up pods on Amazon or eBay.
Amazon even offers free shipping over a certain amount, so you can usually get your pods delivered for free.
When it comes to the best Nespresso VertuoLine pods, the Melozio Pods come out as the clear winner.
These pods are well-balanced, meaning they’re neither too dark nor too light. They work well if you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser!
On top of that, the Melozio pods pair well with milk and taste great as brewed coffee. In other words, you can drink your coffee however you like it!
Of course, if you’re still on the fence, you can always go for a variety pack.
Either way, VerutoLine coffee pods are some of Nespresso’s finest pods and are a great way to enjoy quality brews at home.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?