Don’t have much time? The best Jura coffee machine is the Jura E8.
When it comes to at-home barista machines there really is no company that tops Jura.
Jura machines are the Grand Pubahs of espresso machines, whipping up the best coffee with some of the most refined coffee technology on the market.
But what machine do you buy, you ask?
Well, I’ve taken some time and done the research to put together a list of the top Jura coffee machines to make your pick easy.
And, I’ve even thrown in a handy buying guide to help you select one that’s absolutely perfect for your needs.
So, what are you waiting for?
Let’s check these bad boys out!
The Best Java by Jura: Top 10 Jura Coffee Machines
- Jura E8 (Best Overall)
- Jura S8 (Easiest to Use)
- Jura A1 (Best for Espresso)
- Jura Z8 (Best for High-Quality Coffee)
- Jura ENA 8 (Best Budget Espresso Machine)
- Jura D6 (Best for Cappuccinos)
- Jura E6 (Best for Beginners)
- Jura GIGA 6 (Best for Customization)
- Jura Z6 (Easiest to Maintain and Clean)
- Jura C60 Impressa (Fastest Machine)
If you’re looking for an automatic coffee machine that requires little effort on your part, the Jura E8 is for you. This machine lets you create the cappuccino (or latte, or macchiato, or mocha…you get the gist) of your dreams.
This machine has a one-touch feature which basically means you push a button and get the coffee you’re looking for.
The machine lets you choose from 16 different coffee beverages.
While that’s more limited than some of the other machines on this list, each beverage comes in eight different strength options. You can also play with the temperature and volume of the milk, water, and shot.
So, despite the fact that there are just 16 drinks to pick from, it still allows plenty of versatility for making a great cup of Joe.
The downsides to this machine are its high price tag and the fact that it only has one boiler.
The single boiler design means you’ll have to wait a couple of minutes in between brewing a second cup of coffee. That makes it less than ideal for entertaining.
- Highly customizable, so you can create your ideal cup of coffee
- The water reservoir is large, so you won’t have to constantly refill it
- The maintenance and cleaning systems are automated with a button
- Gets great flavor out of your coffee
- More expensive than most other Jura coffee machines, despite the more limited design
- Has a single boiler, so there is some delay between brewing cups of coffee
The Jura S8 is a mid-range coffee machine that offers plenty of customization without leaving your head spinning.
What’s more, it’s much more reasonably priced than some of the higher-tech Jura devices you’ll find.
The Jura S8 offers you 15 different beverages that you can choose from. While you won’t be able to customize the milk foam or temperature, you are able to adjust the grind size and water levels.
That’s still enough customization to get a coffee shop-quality beverage.
The Jura S8 isn’t without its problems, however. This machine requires you to invest in specialty cleaning equipment to maintain your device, which adds up.
- It’s easy to use, so you don’t get lost while trying to brew your morning cuppa
- You can create up to 15 different beverages, each of which is customizable
- The milk frother is auto-cleaning, so you don’t have to take it apart every time you need to maintain it
- Comes with a lower price tag than other models, making it great for use at home
- You have to buy specialty cleaning equipment, so maintaining your machine can get pricey
- Doesn’t include a huge level of customization, so you can’t perfect your beverages as much as you can with other Jura machines.
Calling all espresso lovers!
If you prefer straight espresso beverages to fancy lattes, the Jura A1 is a dream machine.
Because the Jura A1 only makes lungo, ristretto, and espresso drinks.
Now, although this only allows you to make three different beverages, the machine makes them perfectly.
The Jura A1 coffee machine features a PEP brewing technology that creates super-smooth, short drinks. It also does so at lightning speed (well not quite lightning speed, but still pretty fast).
On top of that, the machine is pretty compact. It fits easily on your kitchen counter without taking up tons of room and yet still has large enough reservoirs that you’re not refilling it all the time.
The only real downside to the Jura A1 is that it’s not nearly as customizable as other machines. You’ll only be able to adjust the grind size, amount of coffee, and amount of water on your drinks.
Still, those features are enough for you to be able to brew up a drink that’s more than satisfactory.
- Runs quietly, so it’s great for those who are sensitive to noise
- Has a compact design, so it fits easily on your kitchen counter
- The brew cycle is super fast, which means you don’t have to wait for your coffee
- Is highly energy-efficient, so you don’t waste tons of electricity running the machine
- Has no milk frother, so you’re not able to make milk-based drinks like lattes
- Has a single spout, so you can only brew one beverage at a time
The Jura Z8 is a high-end device that offers a lot of customization without feeling too overwhelming.
The machine has a fairly straightforward design that’s intuitive to use. Plus, you can program it with your smartphone, making it even easier to tinker with the settings.
I also love the machine’s touch screen. There you can sift through the 21 drink options on the device and program features such as water temperature, grind, and more.
Speaking of the grind, the Jura Z8 espresso machine comes with a built-in grinder. That makes it ideal for getting the fine art of grinding your coffee down to a T, resulting in some of the best coffee of all the Jura brewers.
My biggest concern with the Z8 is the cost. This machine will cost you a few thousands of dollars, which just isn’t feasible for all of us.
- Let’s you set up user profiles, so you can store your and your family’s beverage preferences
- Has an automatic cleaning system, so you don’t have to disassemble it to clean it out
- Has a large water reservoir, so you don’t have to constantly fill it up
- Includes a step-less grinder, making it easy for you to perfect your grind
- Doesn’t include a milk container, so you’ll need to purchase that separately
- Is a chunky machine, so it doesn’t make sense for smaller kitchens
Jura ENA 8
If you’re anything like me, when you hear the price of a Jura machine, your jaw drops open.
Some of these devices cost thousands of dollars, which can be pretty unattainable to your standard at-home barista.
The ENA 8 works around this problem.
The ENA 8 is basically a pared-down version of some of the more techy Jura machines (like the Giga 6).
This machine features just 10 drink options, so it doesn’t allow nearly as many pre-programmed choices.
But don’t let the limited selection put you off!
The ENA 8 still lets you customize your drink in the same way as some of the more complex devices. You’ll still be able to adjust your grind size, water temperature, and more.
What does leave a little to be desired on this device is the size of the reservoirs. The coffee bean hopper and water tank are small, so you have to refill them fairly often.
- Features a one-touch operation, so it’s easy to use
- Has an auto-cleaning feature, making maintenance simple and straightforward
- Allows you to choose from 10 drinks, making it easy to customize your beverage
- Lets you customize multiple features, so you can get that perfect cup of coffee
- Simpler to use, so it’s not as confusing as some more high-tech machines
- Has fewer features but isn’t significantly cheaper than pricier Jura models, making it potentially not worth the cost
- Features small water and bean reservoirs, so you have to frequently refill it
- The power button is on the back of the machine, making it tough to find
The Jura D6 is one of Jura’s more recent machines and is focused on creating high-quality frothed milk.
Don’t let that feature fool you, however.
Despite the fact that this machine makes the best milk for cappuccinos and macchiatos, it’s not capable of making latte milk. So, if you’re go-to coffee drink is a skinny vanilla latte, this machine won’t cut it.
The D6 features 11 different pre-programmed coffees. Despite the fact that lattes didn’t make the cut, that’s still a good selection of drinks to choose from.
Another great feature of the Jura D6 is that it’s a super automatic coffee machine. All you have to do is push a button on the device and you’re able to brew your coffee!
Aside from the lack of lattes, this machine doesn’t have the same coffee strength settings or grinder adjustments as other machines.
As a result, it’s not as customizable as some of the other Jura machines on the market.
- Is super easy to clean, so you can take care of maintenance fairly quickly
- The milk frother and coffee spouts are one and the same, so you don’t have to move the cup to make drinks using milk
- Features Jura’s PEP technology, so it makes super-smooth espresso
- Allows the chance to make 11 different types of drinks, so you can really hone in on your perfect cup of coffee
- Has a specialized steam wand, so you can make tougher-to-master beverages like macchiatos and cortados
- The milk frother doesn’t have the capability to froth latte milk, so you’ll miss out on some beverages
- Has fewer beverage options, meaning you can’t customize your beverages as much as with other Jura machines
If you’re just getting into the world of being an at-home barista, the Jura E6 is a choice.
This machine features 11 different drinks for you to choose from as well as customization for creating the perfect beverage.
At the same time, the machine is easy to use. It features a touchscreen display and one-button functionality.
What I don’t love about this machine, though, is that you can’t make lattes on the machine. That’s a major downside for those of us who love playing around with coffee syrups and getting creative with our beverages.
Another issue with the machine is that it doesn’t allow you to use pre-ground coffee in the device.
Like most Jura devices, this machine features a bean hopper that grinds your coffee for you. However, unlike other machines, you can’t bypass that feature, which can slow down the entire brewing process.
- Uses Jura’s infamous PEP technology, so you get super smooth and high-quality drinks
- It’s super easy to use, making it a great option for those who are just getting into being an at-home barista
- Has a large reservoir, so you don’t have to constantly refill it
- Features a stainless steel conical burr grinder, leading to a super smooth and consistent grind
- The milk frother has limited capability, so you’re not able to make lattes
- You can’t bypass the grinder, so you’re not able to use pre-ground coffee in the device
Jura GIGA 6
The Jura Giga 6 was truly designed with tech lovers in mind. This machine is outfitted with the most nit-picky of coffee settings, allowing you to customize your beverage like no other.
The machine is actually built with AI that learns about your coffee preferences as you go. The more beverages you make, the more the machine will fine-tune your drinks to your liking.
The machine also lets you view statistics about your coffee beverages.
If you’re a caffiend that likes to keep track of how many cups of espresso you’ve had in a day, this machine is your man.
While the machine is outfitted with some of the highest technology in the Jura family, it’s not exactly practical.
Yes, the features are cool, and yes, the design is ultra-sleek.
However, the likelihood that you’ll actually use all the features is slim to none. That can make it an unnecessarily pricey device to have, considering how much use you’ll get out of it.
On top of that, all those extra features hike up the price of the machine quite a bit. If you’re not willing to shell out a good chunk of change, this machine just doesn’t make sense.
- Comes with 28 drink options, so you can create whatever beverage you’re looking for
- There is no limit to the customizations, so you’re able to create the ideal brew
- Comes with a smartphone app, so you can adjust settings and track your drinks from your phone
- Has a super-sleek design, making it an aesthetically pleasing machine that looks great in any kitchen
- Gives you a chance to view your coffee beverage statistics, so you can track calories and health goals more easily
- Is quite expensive, so isn’t practical for those on a tight budget
- Comes with a ton of options, which can be overwhelming and wind up not getting used
- Requires regular maintenance, so you’re constantly having to disassemble it for cleaning
The Jura Z6 is a high-end coffee machine that will whip up some truly spectacular coffee if you’re willing to pay the price.
The machine has a Beverly Hills price tag but features an easy-to-use milk system with tons of functionality. You can choose from 10 different milk frothing settings, allowing you to perfect your coffee however you like.
Aside from your milk frothing settings, you can choose from 12 different pre-set beverage options.
Both those features combine to make it easy for you to whip up a great cup of coffee with all your personal preferences in mind.
On top of that, the machine has an RFID chip and Intelligent Water System. Both these features alert you as to when you need to clean and maintain your machine.
- Features Jura’s proprietary PEP system, so you get ideal extraction from the coffee grounds
- Features an RFID system, making maintenance easy to recognize and take care of
- Lets you store and personalize your drink options, making it easy to re-create your favorite beverages
- Features Jura’s AGA system, so you get super aromatic coffee that’s rich in flavor
- The price is pretty expensive, which makes it impractical for many home coffee brewers
- It’s a large machine, so you’ll need to have quite a bit of counter space to house it
Jura C60 Impressa
The Jura C60 Impressa is an elegant machine that will quickly heat up the water, getting you your coffee in no time at all.
On the Jura C60 Impressa, you’re able to choose from four different strength options for your coffee. As a lover of jet fuel-grade coffee, this is ideal because it makes it easy to brew a cup that really packs a punch.
Aside from selecting the coffee strength, the machine also lets you customize how hot you want the water temperature to be.
If you prefer coffee on the cooler side, that’s easy to attain with this machine. Or, if you want piping hot espresso, that’s an option too.
In terms of the issues with this machine, the major problem is that it has a single boiler.
If you’re going to be making milk beverages, you can expect some downtime between brewing the espresso and steaming the milk.
The machine also has limited drink options, only allowing you to choose from four different beverage types.
Once you figure out your favorite drink, however, you can store your preferences so that it’s easy to come back to.
- You can customize your coffee’s strength, making it great for those who like stronger or weaker brews
- The machine heats up quickly, so you don’t have to wait around to make your coffee
- Uses Jura’s pulse extraction process, so you get barista-grade coffee
- Is easy to clean and maintain, saving you time and energy keeping up your coffee maker
- The catch tray for grounds and water is small, so you’re constantly emptying it
- The device is pretty loud, so it doesn’t make sense for those who are sensitive to noise
- The milk foam wands on the device are low, so you can’t fit larger cups under them
Getting a Great Jura Machine: The Buying Guide
Okay, so you’ve got a clear picture of the different Jura machines out there.
But how do you actually pick the right one?
Well, there are some things that you’ll need to keep in mind to do so.
While it’d be great if we had unlimited budgets, most of us have a set price in mind in terms of how much we want to spend on a coffee maker.
Jura machines are generally some of the more expensive espresso makers on the market.
However, that’s not to say that they don’t have budget-friendly options.
Think about how much money you’re willing to spend and what features are must-haves versus what you can do without.
In general, you’ll be able to get a good Jura machine even with a smaller budget, but you’ll sacrifice some of the customizability of the machine.
On the other hand, if money isn’t an object for you, you can go all out and get some incredible machines with next-level features.
Jura machines are great because they come with pre-programmed settings. That way, you can create an array of different types of coffee.
Now, while all machines have these pre-programmed features, they are not all created equal.
Some Jura machines feature as many as 21 different customizable drink options. On the other end of the spectrum, some only feature 3.
If you’re a die-hard fan of espresso, you might do just fine with a simpler Jura model such as the Jura A1.
However, for those who love getting creative with their coffee, you might be better off going for something with more drink options.
Say you’ve got your heart set on the Giga 6. I don’t blame you! This is a monster of a machine that can create some incredible drinks.
The keyword here though is ‘monster’.
The Giga 6 is a heft machine that takes up a huge amount of space and really requires quite a large kitchen.
If you don’t have the space to accommodate it, this coffee machine just won’t make sense.
There are quite a few smaller Jura machines that will still get you a great cup of coffee, however.
When choosing a Jura coffee maker, my best advice is to look for something that meets your needs but isn’t too hefty. Otherwise, you’ll have trouble fitting it in your kitchen.
Automatic vs Semi-Automatic
One of my favorite things about Jura coffee machines is that they’re automatic. Some, however, are more automatic than others.
Jura’s automatic espresso machines are one-touch. All you have to do is press a button and out comes your coffee.
Then there are Jura’s semi automatic coffee machines. These machines require you to do a bit more adjusting before the device brews your cup of Joe.
While automatic machines take less work, they also take the fun out of customizing your drink. On the other hand, using a semi automatic coffee machine require you to get a bit more technical.
Think about how involved you want to be in the brewing process. This will help you pick a Jura espresso machine that’s just right for your needs.
Hopper and Tank Capacity
The size of your bean hopper and water reservoir both affect how much coffee you can make.
If you’re pumping out countless cups of coffee at a time, you’re going to need larger reservoirs.
On the other hand, if you live alone and are only using your machine for your morning pick-me-up, you can make do with smaller tanks.
Think about how often and how many people will be using your machine. If you’ll be making high volumes of coffee, you’ll want to look for a device that can handle that.
What’s in a Name: Jura Jargon
In reading this guide you’ve probably noticed some coffee slang terms keep cropping up.
For example PEP, IPBAS… the list goes on.
So, what’s the deal with all this jargon? And what does this Jura lingo actually mean?
To make it easier for you to understand all the perks of buying the best Jura espresso machine, you need to learn the Jura lingo.
I’ve broken down some of the top terminologies the company uses. Let’s take a look.
PEP stands for pulse extraction process. It’s basically the method that Jura machines use to extract coffee from the grinds.
With this process, the machine pulses the hot water through the coffee grinds. What that does is makes sure that the aromas in the beans fully develop.
The PEP process also ensures that you get the optimum extraction time for your beans. This results in a super-smooth barista-grade cup of coffee.
AGA stands for automatic grinder adjustment. This is a function on Jura machines that will readjust your grinder over time.
The AGA system calculates the optimum grind for your coffee, ensuring that your coffee grinds are consistent and fine.
By getting the grind size right, the machine ensures that your coffee isn’t over- or under-extracted due to poor grind adjustment.
Intelligent Water System
Some Jura machines feature an intelligent water system. This system uses an RFID chip to record information about your filters.
When the filter wears out, the intelligent water system automatically installs a new filter cartridge. That means less work for you!
Related reading: Jura Z6 vs Z8: Which One Is Best For You?
JOE is the Jura Operating Experience. This is a system that allows you to operate your Jura machine from your smartphone!
JOE allows for tons of different functionalities. That includes adjusting your beverage settings and programming the machine to make your drink.
IPBAS stands for intelligent pre-brew aroma system. This technology helps adapt the amount of water used in the pre-brewing process to the amount of coffee used for your particular drink.
By optimizing the amount of water, IPBAS technology ensures that your coffee is flavorful.
Plus, this technology helps create that silky smooth crema that we all know and love on our espresso.
The Aroma G3 grinder feature of Jura machines is a type of grinder that gently grinds the beans. The gentle speeds help enhance the aromas of the beans.
At the same time, the machine’s slower speeds help reduce noise. The result is that you get a fast, aromatic grind without the usual noise associated with grinding beans.
When I was doing my research, I found that I was coming up with more questions than answers.
To make sure you don’t run into the same problem, I’ve put together a little FAQ with the top questions and answers about the best Jura coffee machines.
What Is the Best Jura Machine?
The best Jura coffee machine in terms of customization, quality, and price is the Jura S8. The S8 offers users tons of features but not so many that it’s overwhelming or hard to use. Plus, it clocks in at a much more reasonable price than many other Jura machines on the market.
How Long Do Jura Machines Last?
Your standard espresso machine will last for about six years. Jura machines, however, go above and beyond – they’ll typically last you for about nine years before you have to replace them.
Are Jura Machines Worth the Money?
Despite their hefty price tag, Jura machines make coffee that tastes like a dream. Forget Starbucks, Jura machines make coffee that tastes like you just picked it up at your local craft coffee shop.
On top of that, Jura machines out-last most standard at-home espresso machines. Both of those features combine to mean that Jura machines are most definitely worth the investment.
Compared to some of their competitors like Breville, they are definitely top of the line.
It’s really hard to go wrong with any Jura machine. Known as some of the world’s best at-home espresso machines, any one of these would make a great addition to your kitchen.
However, if you’re looking for the best Jura coffee maker that hits the nail on the head in every aspect (price, quality, drink selection), then the Jura E8 can’t be beat.
The Jura E8 is a mid-range brewer that provides you with all the settings you need without being overwhelming. Plus, it comes with a reasonable price tag.
So, if you’re ready to start wowing your friends with silky-smooth cappuccinos next time they come to visit, the Jura E8 is the machine to buy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?